Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2-Strokes Forever!

Inactive

2-Strokes Forever!

sad that you young punks on here never have and probably never will experience the insanity of a 500cc or God forbid 750cc two-stroke street bike that has been lightly "breathed" on. nothing else in the world compares to it. they are what old bastards like myself were raised on and still own. when Eddie Lawson and Kenny Roberts....considered by many to be the two greatest motorcycle racers that ever lived....try to put into words the sheer terror that is a big bore 2-stroke.......then you know i speak the truth. ergo the 1:23 mark.

Last edited by user_deleted; 09-02-2017 at 09:21 PM.

[ God forbid 750cc two-stroke street bike that has been lightly "breathed"

Does this ringading any bells John?

750.jpg
    Last edited by Silverrider; 09-02-2017 at 09:37 PM.

Awesome vids John, I was just sitting here grinning ear to ear watching them. Damn things killed many men, Joey and Robert Dunlop, etc,and put Rainey in a wheelchair forever in that horrific gravel trap incident. Idk what it is about the sound and smell of the blue smoke that make a man lose all control and wanna go balls out....lmfao
    Last edited by wickedchop; 09-02-2017 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedchop View Post
    Awesome vids John, I was just sitting here grinning ear to ear watching them. Damn things killed many men and put Rainey in a wheelchair forever in that horrific gravel trap incident. Idk what it is about the sound and smell of the blue smoke that make a man lose all control and wanna go balls out....lmfao
    It is that Bean oil smell, Brings back memories.

Thats the heyday of what made me a lifelong M/C addicted fool

When the smoke was blue and the men were men. As much a whacking the throttle open on the SX at 8000rpm up gets my heart going... I can't even fathom.

20170526_222842.jpg20170526_223651.jpg

Old guys should know why I posted that wheel up. Super badass.

I know them very well, my brother in law (his bikes pictured above) is a broker for 2 stroke race bikes imported from Japan. We are always taking out his NSR'S, or his RG GAMMAS.. Super fun no engine brake and lighter than all hell.

I didn't think anyone gave a **** about them bikes anymore, I still love them.
    Last edited by MakingPAIN; 09-03-2017 at 12:55 AM.

So if you wanna buy a imported 2 stroke from Japan let me know I got you.. The bike stickers will be Japanese and all literature will be Japanese writing. But who cares you will be riding the bike not reading it

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverrider View Post
    [ God forbid 750cc two-stroke street bike that has been lightly "breathed"

Does this ringading any bells John?

750.jpg
    hell yes....lots of bells. a modded 72 H2 in the background and a Z-1 in the foreground. two of the greatest bikes ever unleashed on the riding public. looks like the same Z-1 you were doing that smoke-show on in your pic the other week. awesome!

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedchop View Post
    Awesome vids John, I was just sitting here grinning ear to ear watching them. Damn things killed many men, Joey and Robert Dunlop, etc,and put Rainey in a wheelchair forever in that horrific gravel trap incident. Idk what it is about the sound and smell of the blue smoke that make a man lose all control and wanna go balls out....lmfao
    that wayne rainey crash was horrific wally. fortunately he's still incredibly active in US racing scene and living a good life. don't know if you remember him but Mick Doohan was an aussie who won 5 consecutive 500GP championships including the last one in 1999 when 2-strokes were finally sent to the history dust-bin. he was one of the greatest riders ever. his quote from his very last 500GP race which won him the last championship ever: "In a certain regard i'm kind of glad it's all over now. I'll miss the joy and terror of riding these things but i won't miss thinking in the back of my mind that any moment i might die doing this." when men were men!

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by MakingPAIN View Post
    20170526_222842.jpg20170526_223651.jpg

Old guys should know why I posted that wheel up. Super badass.

I know them very well, my brother in law (his bikes pictured above) is a broker for 2 stroke race bikes imported from Japan. We are always taking out his NSR'S, or his RG GAMMAS.. Super fun no engine brake and lighter than all hell.

I didn't think anyone gave a **** about them bikes anymore, I still love them.
    not true in these parts. PA is the motorcycling mecca on the east coast for a multitude of reasons. incredible roads, manufacturing facilities, dealerships everywhere, 3rd highest annual bike registrations and sales in america, tons of collectors such as myself, and the "state" let's you register and ride damn near anything you can hang a tag onto. there's still a hell of alot of 2-strokes on PA roads. see them daily. any quality collection IMO has to contain a decent sampling of 2-strokers. have 9 in my collection last time i counted. here's 1.....

Attachment 8164

Last edited by user_deleted; 09-03-2017 at 08:37 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast