Thread: eeprom burn quesiton

eeprom burn quesiton

Hi guys, i have a quick question i need confirmation on before i try to burn a map. I have an 07 xb12s with a BUEIB ecm ID. I have downloaded a race map from Buellmods.com for the 2007. When i loaded it onto ECMSpy it says the firmware version is BUEGB231.

No my question is, i have saved my stock eeprom, and loaded it onto a note document. Can i simply copy all the fields "Reihe" 1-6 from the race map onto another note document, and just keep the top part from my stock map "BUEIB310" and it will work?

well it did load onto ECMspy. The firmware matches my ECM, but the calibration says 106: P & A. Does this calibration ID matter?

No. Don't worry, the Calibration ID is the map ID itself so it will be different. The only thing that needs to match is the firmware version.

2003 to 2007 are all DDFI-2 ECM's with their firmware versions. 2008-2010 are DDFI-3 and a whole new set of firmware versions (the latest being BUE2D) and a completely different ECM with much better resolution.

The fueling maps are actually held in a different location between the firmware versions. Hence the scary "Yer gonna brick it!" posts. This I why I recommend strongly using ECMDroid if you are simply loading an existing map onto a stock ECM and you aren't a professional tuner. It has a built in safety that will not let you load a fuel map with the the wrong firmware version on to your DDFI-2 or DDfI-3 ECM.

ECMSpy is awesome (as is TunerPro) and best used if you need to build a custom tune from scratch with your Dyno, your wide-band O2 set-up, and your immense tuning skill.
    Last edited by Cooter; 09-07-2017 at 11:42 PM.

Thanks cooter. I thought if possible I would do it the way described as I downloaded the older free version of ECM spy. So I thought just in order to save a few dollars if possible to do it this way. From what I've gathered BUEGB231 is a race ecm for 06-07? So I think they're both DDFI-2 right?
    I don't plan on tuning just wanted to try out a map rather that stock with exhaust and intake filter. If you think this is a bad idea I'll just chuck up the $40 haha

I'm a bit confused now.
    Yes, '07 and earlier are all DDFI-2 so you're good there, but very important you also need to match the firmware version. If your ECM is BUEIB like you said in your first post, then you need a 'race' program that is BUEIB. Nothing else will work, find a program that's BUEIB only.

If you have a KN intake filter and aftermarket exhaust almost any 'race' program for any muffler (as long as it's BUEIB) will be better than stock to compensate for the added flow from those parts that will lean out the engine even further. if you're getting de-cel popping it's a sure sign it's leaner than stock.

$40 for what? ECMDroid is free just like ECMSpy?

You only have to pay for DDif-3. You don't need DDIF-3 if I am reading this right? Droid or spy first version are free like Cooter said.
    Last edited by rchuff; 09-08-2017 at 10:23 AM.

haha sorry dudes let me try to clairfy this a little better. By pay, i meant for the actual dongle that connects to the bike for from Buelltooth. I think its like $40-45. i did download the free ECMspy older version from this site.

So what i did, went to buellmods, downloaded stock & race map for xb12s 2007. loaded them both up on ecmspy to compare the two, and the race map had the firware BUEGB231 on it versus stock BUEIB310. so i then opened them both up in two screens on "notes" and copied the whole thing from the race map - MINUS the heading at the very top that says BUEGB 231 etc. I then pasted this to the stock map, but kept the heading at the very top of the stock map that reads BUEIB310 etc. I saved this map as race/stock. I then uploaded this map to ECMspy to inspect, and it was an exact copy of the race map as far as fuel maps/timing and other maps, but this time it had the firmware as saying BUEIB310. so my question was is this a legit way to get this map and have it function on my bike the way i have done it by copy/paste?

i hope this makes sense LOL

rchuff:
    Shouldn't have to pay for any maps? In fact I believe the majority of maps on Buelltooth.com are BUE2D (DDFI-3).

tokinbuller: Ya, a bluetooth wireless dongle (that ECMDroid needs) is about $40, like the cable is about $40 that ECMSpy uses. Ok, I get the question now haha. The answer is a solid maybe I have never done it that way, but I believe you are right. Sorry, I wish I was more help