Thread: Megalogviewer VE / tuning

Megalogviewer VE / tuning

What do people use to do their tuning? I have ECM spy, but Do you still use VE analyzer? Or is tuner Pro RT easier with a similar function? was reading gatorbuells tuning thread, and he uses VE analyzer, but the thread is old, and all pictures have been removed. Not sure if the information in that thread is still current.

Interested in doing some logs like he did, but am not sure which software to purchase.

Thanks in advance.

Hey tok-I used the latest version of MLV to remap tables on both my 07 XB12 and stock 08 XB9SX. Used NTK's latest AFRM wideband sensor and controller. Used ECMDroid to log the data using a 7"tablet and ran that data through MLV. Used TunerPro to modify settings and tables. Used ECMSpy to create the msq files for use with MLV. Run both in open loop with MAP sensors to correct for baro pressure altitude changes. Very pleased with the 08 and still working on configuring the 07's baro sensor. Will get there..

Pretty much what i have been doing as well, but just using ECMspy for edits. Bike is extremely better already. Basically got it down to a constant 98% AFV on top and bottom after a full day of logging and editing. Still trying to get it closer to 100%.
    Very addicting haha.

Want to run a few things past you guys since you've had luck in getting your AFVs close to 100%. After several iterations of tuning I'm getting 85% and 77% on front and rear cylinders, so clearly I must be doing something wrong.

Bike is a 2008 XB12Ss with Drummer SS exhaust, K&N air filter, 3 bar MAP sensor used as a baro, and 2010 header with dual O2s (dual O2 function enabled). I'm using TunerPro RT to datalog with an ADX I got from XOpti some time ago... the history tables for front and rear cylinders are what I'm using to update my fuel maps. I lock my AFV to 100 using the min/max scalars in TunerPro and go for a ride. I'm not sure if the baro correction is throwing things off or the history tables generated by TunerPro aren't suitable since they're all targeting stoich, or what. I recently paid for MLV because if I recall correctly it allows you to set target AFRs for each cell in the maps.

Anyway, any insight into my tuning dilemma is appreciated.

MLV "autotuning" does not work for DDFI. Using the dynamic maps of EcmSpy is highly recommended, fixing the map in CL is easy then: http://ecmspy.com/ug_mono/V2.0/tuning.shtml
    Locking or limiting AFV is not helpfull when tuning, and with a baro sensor installed, AFV will remain constant when changing altitude, otherwise it's not installed or configured correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by gunter View Post
    MLV "autotuning" does not work for DDFI. Using the dynamic maps of EcmSpy is highly recommended, fixing the map in CL is easy then: http://ecmspy.com/ug_mono/V2.0/tuning.shtml
    Locking or limiting AFV is not helpfull when tuning, and with a baro sensor installed, AFV will remain constant when changing altitude, otherwise it's not installed or configured correctly.
    My assumption is that the TunerPro RT history tables for front and rear cylinders are based off of 14.7 stoich. I recall using MLV to make fuel map adjustments a long time ago (when it used to be free) using its built-in VE Analyzer; the tool allowed you to specify what the target AFR for each cells was, eg. high TPS/load set to 13.x AFR and 40-50% set to 14.7.

I know my baro is functional based on datalogs, but not sure if I have all the settings correctly setup for the ECM to properly apply baro correction. I think I do, but someone else should probably have a look. If anyone's interested, I can post my current bin file.

I altered some settings in my bin file related to the baro and it's still functioning (at least the ECM is reading it and logging outputs based on the transfer function), but my AFVs are now averaging around 95-96%, so major improvement in performance and efficiency.

Here's my current bin file.

Attached Files Attached Files