Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What to do first? Buell XB12Ss parked almost 2.5 years

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    not sure what you're referring to. both the strainer/filter and regulator clearly pictured in ad. bought 2 of these in past 6 months and those parts included.
    I found it, its a DURALAST fuel filter.

That filter screen is a common part in many EFI cars (think Fox body Mustang). You can go to any auto parts store in the US and get that filter sock. It's designed to press on to a Walbro filter input.

I managed to get a Brand new OEM fuel pump and will just wait for its arrival.

Thanks to all the members who commented, suggested and offered help.

Quote Originally Posted by lowkey View Post
    Is Ultrasonic cleaning practical to put back the injectors in tiptop condition? No, this will do nothing internally to clean the injector only the outside. To clean them internally in an ultrasonic bath they need to be cycling open/closed with pressure flowing the contamination out of the internals. I realize you are out of the US but see if this type of service is offered locally to you or you can send them out reasonably if you decide to go forward with getting it done.
    http://injector-rehab.com/shop/Dynamic-Cleaning.html

Not sure if I broke the fuel hose clip on the fuel rail, it still does go back flip up and snap in as I push it. You would know if it broke as the tabs that lock it in once the line is seated over the fuel rail brake off (lots of heat on these and they become brittle).
    I just visited the Fuel injection service shop and they do provide the injection rehab.

Rustic, one other thing to be aware of, you mentioned you bought an OEM fuel pump so you must have got the full assembly (including the housing that fits into the frame). If you only got the fuel pump alone, be extra careful of the housing to pump connection (the brass pass through that the fuel line connects to outside the housing) this is brass I believe and has been known to break off if you aren't extra careful, it is also not something you can find a replacement off the shelf for so the housing will end up trash if this happens.

Best of luck, take your time and watch those large housing o-rings when installing back into the frame, lube is key!

lube is key!
    TWSS

Good hint on the brass bulkhead fitting lowkey, I've heard of them breaking off as well.

It sound like you're well on your way to getting her fired up!! With the pump out and injectors out, don't forget to flush the lines. You don't want to force that gunk into fresh injectors.

Rustic, one other thing to be aware of, you mentioned you bought an OEM fuel pump so you must have got the full assembly (including the housing that fits into the frame). If you only got the fuel pump alone, be extra careful of the housing to pump connection (the brass pass through that the fuel line connects to outside the housing) this is brass I believe and has been known to break off if you aren't extra careful, it is also not something you can find a replacement off the shelf for so the housing will end up trash if this happens.

Best of luck, take your time and watch those large housing o-rings when installing back into the frame, lube is key!
    I got the original XB12 assembly, P0130.5AA.
    Yeah, will caution on that brass fitting, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    TWSS

Good hint on the brass bulkhead fitting lowkey, I've heard of them breaking off as well.

It sound like you're well on your way to getting her fired up!! With the pump out and injectors out, don't forget to flush the lines. You don't want to force that gunk into fresh injectors.
    I still haven't removed the fuel cap. i tried putting some brake fluid in the keyhole, left it for almost a week and still doesn't turn open.

Seems like I have to drill it just like what the other member here did.

Brake fluid? Someones wife may think it's a penetrant but why not use a good penetrant that's actually a good penetrant? PB Blaster, Aero Kroil, even WD-40.

Yeah, don't use brake fluid for anything but brake systems. It's not a good penetrant or lubricant.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast