Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vacuum Line?

Vacuum Line?

Is there a vacuum line where I can pour some sea foam into? I would like to try clean my injectors without taking them off. Last resort is to take them off if I need to change out my intake seals.

Any time I pick up a previous owned bike I pour in some Berrymans injector cleaner in the tank , I like it better than S foam. better price also. In some cases I have taken the injectors off and soaked them in Berrymans make sure you take the O rings off or they will swell up. After a few days the will shrink back to size. On one 08 XBS I poured Berrymans in the fuel line disconnect line on top for a straight shot in the injectors.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/B-12-Chem...&wl13=&veh=sem
    Last edited by Silverrider; 09-17-2017 at 05:52 PM.

Redbaron, you will need to try a fuel additive like Silver suggested in order to get any benefit from their advertised fixes. Opinions vary on whether that stuff works at all.

No, there is no vacuum line and anything you put in the intake is not going through the injectors.

Are you trying to fix a specific problem with the magic fluid? or just messing around? Perhaps we can help.

Banned
    I heard that B12 is very aggressive chemical and can cause gaskets leakage and damage plastic and rubber components in the fuel system.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Redbaron, you will need to try a fuel additive like Silver suggested in order to get any benefit from their advertised fixes. Opinions vary on whether that stuff works at all.

No, there is no vacuum line and anything you put in the intake is not going through the injectors.

Are you trying to fix a specific problem with the magic fluid? or just messing around? Perhaps we can help.
    I have rough idle lots of popping and back firing, just started two weeks ago randomly no symptoms leading up to the erratic behavior.

Mileage dropped from 55mpg to 40mpg.

I read that it could be an intake seal leak.

AVF is 132.1, just did a TPS reset with Buelltooth to see if that was the issue. Fixed for a few miles, than issues returned.

I am running NKG IR 9's all other items are stock.

'05 12R 17,8XX miles
    Last edited by redbaron131; 09-17-2017 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TPEHAK View Post
    I heard that B12 is very aggressive chemical and can cause gaskets leakage and damage plastic and rubber components in the fuel system.
    That's why I like seafoam

Quote Originally Posted by TPEHAK View Post
    For what its worth I have not ever experienced any of the above concerns in yrs of using Berrymans B12. That I am aware of.
    Last edited by Silverrider; 09-17-2017 at 08:59 PM.

You've done some good diagnosis so far, thanks for the info.

A clogged injector could make is go lean, but it's really rich according to the MPG and AFV. The cleaner won't do anything for you.

I'm guessing if you re-set the AFV to 100 it runs ok for awhile, then started running poorly and the AFV is super high again?

Checking intake seals is super easy, and I agree it could very well be the problem. On a cool engine, spray (with the tube) very specifically around the intake seals while its idling. If the idle changes, bobs yer uncle.

It could also be a bad or lazy O2 sensor. Also easy to check with ECMDroid. Turn on live data, and see what it's doing.

B-12 is fine as a fuel additive, especially a vehicle with ethanol rated fuel system. I wouldn't soak rubber in it though!

I would put money on it being an intake seal leak. Easy to check it, look it up on YouTube.

Hello AZmidget91, I have been enjoying looking at your ride on the calendar all month.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast