Thread: Quickshifter blues

Quickshifter blues

I posted this in the EBR forum as well..

On a 2014 SX

I have got as far as having both the stock dash and ECM updated and confirmed the quick shifter function had been "turned on". I can see the dash diagnostics go from 1.3V to 0.0V at the side stand when I activate it, but nothing actually happens when I ride it?

Some deets:
    It is a Dynojet 4-113 linear push sensor wired into the factory harness. I have used a different type of grounding sensor as well (no luck there either)
    I also have an IDS ECM. I am told has the shifter function enabled as well... that does not work... but also sees the voltage drop on the dash diagnostics.
    It doesn't work on a stand, in gear, clutch out, and manually grounding the signal wire to the ECM either.

I have repeatedly asked EBRtech and all he has said is it "needs a different signal that just a ground" but won't elaborate further. Nor do I understand how that could be possible with their EBR 2 wire switch between a ground and a signal wire? Resting 'open' and grounding when activated is all I can guess?

I know for a fact this exact Dynojet sensor works on a 2014 RX with the IDS ECM.

I am frustrated and cant get EBR tech to elaborate?

I'm a pretty tech savvy guy, and I'd assume if the dash can see the voltage drop on the side stand where you wire it that's all you need?
    Do I need to swap the pins in the ECM input like some XB's? If so...where???

Thanks for any help guys

How do I attach a pdf file? Have the IDS pin-out of the RX/SX ECM in pdf format.

Quote Originally Posted by mrlogix View Post
    How do I attach a pdf file? Have the IDS pin-out of the RX/SX ECM in pdf format.
    IDS has the pinout on their website you can just provide the link like so
    http://idspd.com/xcart/Support-files...onnections.pdf

Thanks Kona.

The pin-out chart shows the evolution of the DDFI software. Input pin 34 is the sidestand. ON/OFF type input. Input 7 is also used on the RX/SX for shift interrupt but you will notice it originally had an analog signal (measurement of variability in signal eg, current or voltage which would indicate a variable transducer of some sort). This would be the "needs a different signal that just a ground" the tech is talking about. They could have changed the input from an analog signal to a discrete (ON/OFF) signal, but not likely. I would think it would still be configured hardware wise of the ECM to be an analog. I'm not familiar with QuickShift kits or hardware. The Dynojet 4-113 linear push sensor is a variable output linear transducer but comes in several different models (output configurations). Know which part# you have? Reference https://www.fuelmotousa.com/i-206298...kit-4-113.html The differential transducer will change as push pull, and the different ECM combinations is output format NPN/PNP or 0-5VDC or 0-10 VDC I'm guessing. Check the range of motion on the sensor with a multimeter on the output side to see 'range' of variablity eg, 0-xx.x volts, and check the resolution of range eg, how travel equals .1 volt change.

Do you have a full wiring diagram for a RX/SX?
    Last edited by mrlogix; 09-21-2017 at 02:51 PM.

since it is a two wire sensor it would have one wire connected to a 5VDC reference ( most likely hooked up to pin 24 or 25) , the output wire of the sensor would be a value of 0.00-5.0 VDC return to the ECM on pin number 7.

http://ebrforum.com/showthread.php?1...L-doesn-t-work

Real quick though, you have a sensor ground, 5 volt sensor and then the shift interrupt, so 3 wires are required, not 2. Look at the wiring schematic, you'll see it. I think it's pins 24, 28 and 34, with 34 being the interrupt for the shifter. The factory harness should have all 3 wires already there, it should just be plug-n-play.

"ECM needs a signal ground reference and a signal. Some sensors require 5VDC for power, that's the 3rd wire."

The EBR kit does not use the power wire. Only 2 are required. Tan/white goes to the sidestand switch, Black/white goes to pin 28, sensor ground #2, both of these are on the gray ecm connection.
    From looking at the dynojet documentation, it's a 2 wire switch and does not matter which wire connects to the harness. It's just a momentary interrupt, sends a signal to the ecm saying "hey, kill power a second" and that's it.

Exactly like the EBR sensor. 2 wires, ground and signal only. The Dash diagnostics see the voltage drop when activated (side stand voltage) so that should be it! But no worky worky