Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Misfire

You can download your service manual at buellmods.com. There are ground locations on each side of the battery under the seat. You battery terminals and under the base plate under your intake filter. It’s s Big gauge wire that pretty much sits on top of your rear cylinder. Can’t miss it. A tps reset wouldn’t hurt but I don’t suspect it’s your issue. You have an 09 so resetting your TPS takes like 5 seconds lol. You know how?

How is your idle?

Google works great for searching things like ground locations. Just type “buell xb12s” then your issue; ex ground locations for pictures.

Also where is your header damaged at?
    Riding it won’t help diagnose your issues lol
    Last edited by tokinbuller; 10-12-2017 at 01:55 AM.

To test for an accurate speedo, there are lots of GPS based speedo apps, have someone pace you in a car, find a radar sign on the street, or at 60 MPH you travel one mile in exactly one minute.

Hey all, I was going to buy the Buelltooth but I found what might be a couple of problems. For one thing it does not work with my model(XB12S long lightning). Second, it does not work with my Iphone. If it all will work with my bike and cell phone please let me know, I would like use it. Amazon has an ECM Programming Spy cable TPS reset ecmspy cable for sale. I know that it has to be connected to my laptop and that is fine.
    I am headed out of town. I will look for the ground wires when I get back and get a chance. The idle is about 1000RPM. I read some were that it should be about 1200 or so. The header is fine I have a complete header pipe on it now and have had one since I started to ride it. I got the header right after I got the bike. Food for thought; when I put the header on I found that someone had drilled and taped new stud holes on the front cylinder. The old header was broken right at the 'Y' were the front and back cylinder come together.
    So, which one should I get? Thanks for all the help.
    Last edited by wmic228922; 10-13-2017 at 10:13 PM.

The Buelltooth will work on any Buell, it is simply a wireless communicator between ECMDroid and the stock ECM. Bluetooth dongles (like Buelltooth) don't care if the bike is an Ss or not.

ECMDroid is the program that modifies the Buell ECM. It doesn't work on Apple unless you use a Windows emulator. Get a cheap Android burner phone (maybe free from your service provider), or a Android tablet ($35 eBay). Make sure it has bluetooth and wifi (or a SD card) so you can get programs on it. WELL worth that minimal investment.

OR

Buy the cable. It communicates with the ECM using the cable... Between the program ECMSpy (and others) and your ECM. It will work with any format computer.

ECMDroid is MUCH easier to use and has built in safety's to stop you from making a mistake and ruining your ECM, unless you are familiar with tuning these bikes, I'd go that way or the next post you write is "HELP!! I didn't search anything and don't know what to DOOOOOO!!!" LOTS of posts on here like that

Buell XB idle spec is 1150rpm.

Don't worry about the header, If it was fixed right, then it was fixed right

You have a 2009, you don’t need that stuff to reset your tps sensor. Just for diagnostics of CEL codes.
    The 08+ Buells are equipped with Idle Air Control logic, and the idle air and speed is under ECM control. The fully closed butterfly position is set by a stop that is cast into the throttle body, and there is no external throttle position stop screw.
    To reset an 08+ Buell, do the following:
    1. Turn on the key.
    2. Set the kill switch to the run position.
    3. Don’t start the engine. Rotate the throttle from fully closed (gently forced closed) to fully open (gently held open), and then back again to closed (gently forced closed).
    4. Repeat 3 times. Hold each position (fully open, fully closed) for 1 full second.
    5. Turn the key off and on.

Jeez Tokin, I missed that. 2009...

I was just answering the last of his questions. Thanks for seeing the bigger picture

You can get the CEL codes by jumping the diagnostic plug, no computer needed.

TPS re-set takes 10 seconds and is just as Tokinbuller described it.

If it's an '08-up and still idling too low I would look for an intake seal leak or a airhorn gasket thats out of place on the airbox bottom plate. Easily searched and youtubed...

Does one also do numbers 1 and 2 above, along with 3, 4, & 5 above 3 times each ?

Hey Cooter, your info is spot on. Personally this is must have item for any Bueller imo. Everyone is bound to have a cel, or want to check/reset AFV or to just be more in the know of how your bike is performing. I have no idea what his intentions are lol, I just noticed he said ‘TPS reset ecm Spy cable’ and he never answered when I asked if he knew how to reset it so I just posted as a FYI.
    NJ, I am not 100% sure (have an 07) but I would believe the step being repeated three times is step #3. But, hopefully someone with an 08+ can chime in, or take a peak at an 08+ manual.

Key on, run switch on, bike not running, throttle from closed to open three times, pausing briefly, key off, done.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12