Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rider down

Rider down

Thought I'd post just to get a little stress off my chest. My father in law died last sunday in a motorcycle crash. He was a very good rider and mostly safe, not a hooligan. He rode aggressive at times like most of us but still very sad. We don't know exactly what happened as there was no other vehicle involved and he was riding alone but it was a very bad wreck and they say they think he went over the bars and died on impact. His bike was in two pieces. He kept his sv1000 in tip top condition, and always wore full gear. He died 8 miles from his house, he was a great guy and will be missed dearly, and it's especially a very hard time for my wife, her sister, and their mother. Sort of makes me want to quit riding as I am now living through all the tragedy that can be involved with it.

We spent sunday through wednesday in Arkansas and are now back home in Mississippi with my mother in law and their two dogs and cat. Can't help seeing my FIL when I spend time with the stray dog he found last month.

Sorry for the sad post, just is tough dealing with all this and I figure other riders would want to know. I am glad I was able to do a ride with him just a couple weeks ago.

Man, I am so sorry. A sudden loss like that hits hard. I hope you can be strong for the family around you and make every day a good one. You never know when.

My condolences, we will keep you and your family in our prayers.

Sorry to hear that, I know this can put things in a new perspective. Your in my families thoughts and prayers.

Very sorry to hear this, my condolences to you and the family.

So sorry. Brings back memories of losing my dad. I'm glad you got to have that last ride with him...those memories are important. Thanks for sharing. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Gutted for your loss man. I'd rather go out on my bike than waste away from an illness, but it sounds as though he went to soon. Very sorry for you and your family's loss. Take extra good care of your family and that dog now man. Godspeed to your father in law. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Inactive
    sean: from your description clearly speed was a factor. for a rider to "go over the handlebars", die on impact and have the bike split in 2 takes a massive amount of force. that force generated by speed and since he was the only vehicle involved.......well....either way i'm very sorry for your loss. perhaps an accident reconstructionist will get involved, determine the cause and be able to afford you a bit of closure if it's revealed how this happened. great people are a rare commodity these days and losing one of them makes this all the more painful for you.

Very sorry to hear this, my condolences to you and the family.

Brother, my heart goes out to you and your family.
    You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast