Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Updated IDS ECM mapping for Drummer SS

I believe you need the program, ECMspy, or mono. What year is your bike ?

A buelltooth dongle will connect to ECMspy through blue tooth without needing the cable.

Tokin,

First of all - thanks for the emails and the really nice videos - that will certainly help once I have the map into a program I can actually modify.

It's a 2009 XB12r...Drummer SS/K&N filter/breather reroute...currently using the fueling map available on buelltooth.com for that setup.

I think we're somehow not quite clear on my situation. I don't have ECM Spy Mono....and I'm not going to pay for it simply to adjust 6-9 cells. I have Tuner Pro RT on the laptop. I've got all the requisite xdf files (to include OPTI's files) and adx files as well. Everything is being done, in order, and accurately per the very nice, long .pdf user manual for Buell XB tuning with Tuner Pro RT.

The problem is that the bluetooth setup (Buelltooth dongle and the Atheros chip in my laptop) will not work together. I tried for 3 hours tonight to include multiple resets, reloads, etc. The program will seem to connect through the bluetooth, but it fails almost immediately and won't complete a download of the bin file on the ECM. There's a bunch of com port stuff going on as well that tuner pro seems to be having some real issues with - probably a result of the bluetooth chip in the laptop.

The frustrating piece is that I can find no way (I've spent hours searching online at this point) of just getting the d*$# xpr file that I can easily pull off the bike with ECMdroid and the Buelltooth to "load" into Tunerpro. That would be "the ticket" here, but without that, I need a cable to hook into the ECM directly from the laptop to get the bin file loaded up.

Then I can apply the steps you sent in your video!

Cheers,
    Jay

Ok gotcha. I have the connect issue with Spy sometimes too. Are you using autodetect to connect to com port or selecting it manually? I can only seem to ever get mine to connect using auto. Sometimes I need to flick my ignition back on/off many times before I get it to connect. It can be the most painful part sometimes haha just trying to get the darn thing to connect.

Tokin

Quote Originally Posted by vicenzajay View Post
    Yeah - laptop isn't going to work - as the bluetooth will not play nice with Tuner Pro (lost 3 hours to that effort tonight).

Anyone got an ECM Spy cable I could borrow for a week or so? Of course, I'd pay postage. I don't want or need a new laptop or tablet at this point, and I'm not going to be a "hard core" tuning guy...just want to let Tokinbuller help me with the 1900 to 2900 RPM range...
    I got a cable you can use.

Thank you - I'll send a PM...

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by vicenzajay View Post
    Thank you - I'll send a PM...
    neil is great jay. if his is tied up i can send you mine. didn't know you were looking to borrow a cable or would have sent mine down to you.

I've been so incredibly busy this week that I haven't sent a pm to anyone yet. Sorry....just got home after work (and then ate) - it's 11:00 at night. I didn't work this many hours a day when I was boots on ground in Iraq.

I'll send pms out tomorrow. Thanks again, guys - you are all great...

Well thanks for your service ! Yes, the civilian world, at times is worse than catching guard duty.

It's an honor to serve...still active duty at this point (retirement soon), but the programmatics/spot tasking rhythm is brutal. It was (and is) much simpler when operational. Thanks for your service as well.

No, no, don't thank me, I was reserves, I didn't go anyplace, just made believe we were worriers once a month. You guys are the real thing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast