Thread: spark plug wires and ignition coil

spark plug wires and ignition coil

random as it may be, but is there any aftermarket places that would have an ignition coil for an '07 xb9r? and what would be a good alternative to getting spark plug wires vice HD. my local shop said they don't carry the plug wires anymore for my bike, and looking to see if anyone has had experience with making their own spark plug wires or if they used a set from another vehicle...

Inactive
    no there is none that are available without major mods involving both mounting and wiring harness plug. and an XB coil is dual-fire unit which must be taken into account. you can however construct your own set of plug wires if you use the ends and boots from your existing wires and supply new 6.6mm wire to replace the existing wire. not difficult to do but time consuming.

Someone in here suggested these to replace stock wires and I installed them recently. They work great and much easier to manipulate and get seated on the plug.

https://www.ironmachine.com/buell-spark-plug-wires

here is the coil part number

https://shop.newcastlehd.com/
    Y0300.02A8 $34.10
    Last edited by midway; 10-05-2017 at 03:43 PM.

thanks much guys, have a new coil coming in from new castle hd for about $49 after shipping. and I am going to look into ironmachine. fluke on wires and coil are in spec for the ranges given by the 2003/2007 manuals, but rather try another set just in case