Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: '09 XB12scg has trouble idling, CEL codes

Starting to sound like, this is going to end up being one of those weird simple problems. I hope you get it sorted out soon, I give you a lot of credit for hanging in there !

Best of luck.

I would like to thank gdisaac07 I think that a lot of what your describing is happening with my XB12 Ss Lightning. When winter is over here in Fincastle Va. I will be doing the same test on my bike. I hope it passes because that looks like a lot of work to change the seals on the intakes. :-(
    Happy Riding All.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gdisaac07 View Post
    Please post back with these seals result. I bought same seals on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and they do not fit my motorcyce (same as yours 2009 XB12scg), they have same internal diameter, but they have slightly bigger outside diameter and because this the gasket does not engage in the flange deep enough so flange can not reach the head face without bending.

I was thinking maybe to put washers on the flange screws between the flange and the head face to offset the flange slightly and to prevent flange bending. The flange is not rigid enough to squeeze the seal and it is bending around the seal.
    Last edited by TPEHAK; 10-25-2017 at 02:57 AM.

So T, what your saying is, they're no good ?

Banned
    They probably fit for the older Buell models with short clamp, I do not know, maybe the old clamp is more rigid or maybe has bugger slot for the seal, but those seal do not fit 2009 Buell XB properly. Maybe they will work for it if you do not torque clamp completely so they will rest on the gasket, without touching the head face.

took some wiggling, but they fit on my 07. cant comment though on 08-10. Has the intake flange changed from 04-10?

Banned
    I know flanges are longer on newer Buell. I do not know about other differences.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123