Thread: '09 XB12scg has trouble idling, CEL codes

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Using the program ECMDroid and the Bluetooth dongle you got from Buelltooth go to "live data" and select those items.

The specific readings can still be found in the free .pdf manual download from Buellmods.com or Buelltooth.com (where you bought the dongle).
    I spent a lot of time reading up on those specific things tonight. I think I'm going to put some effort into reading outputs of the sensors when I get the BUELLtooth.

I hate throwing money at a guess, especially because you are diagnosing this properly (my kudos to you sir) BUT all three sensors are cheap and easy to replace.
    I purchased a few things:

• New Bosch aftermarket oxygen sensor
    • New OEM intake air temperature sensor
    • New OEM idle air controller actuator

• New BUELLtooth

• New BUELLtooth quick shift assembly (purely for fun, and also because I rode a BMW S1000R and the QS was the absolute best part of that bike)

• Anti-seize lubricant for the O2 sensor

• Amazon Fire Tablet (because it runs Android and ECMDroid is pretty great)

I'm going to replace the sensors and actuator, clear the CEL codes, check the outputs of the sensors, and hopefully it's good to go.

Would an appropriate methodology to test the O2 sensor be to check the AFV output, modify the desired AFV, and then check the new O2 sensor output?

I think I'm also going to re-flash the newest version of the stock '09 tune onto the ECM. Only because I really have no way of knowing what the first owner did to it.

The O2 sensors like to get lazy and be a PITA before they fail.
    So I see. Is there a good way to change the O2 sensor that I can do without either rotating the engine or removing the rear shock? I don't have the ability to lift the bike in any other way than spools on the rear axle.
    Last edited by gdisaac07; 10-16-2017 at 02:56 AM.