Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spark Plug cleaning feature on 08 XB12XT

Most of us use 20-50 Vtwin amsoil in both holes but I don't see why you couldn't as long as it meets the MFG requirements.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Dysan View Post
    Hi Lunaticfringe, is Rotella T6 a good oil to use in my Uly?
    yes sir. it is one of the finest oils in the world. just be sure to run the correct viscosity. i've used their 15wt-40 in XB motors during cooler temps like under 80 degrees F with great results. last i looked it's also JASO-MA rated which means it's wet-clutch trans/primary compatible/suitable. check back of container for ratings and look there closely but i'm sure rating still listed. i'll also add that it's an outstanding oil for most popular common sump jap bikes like v-stroms, etc etc.
    link is pic of ratings back of container.

https://www.quora.com/Is-Synthetic-R...or-motorcycles

Great, I have pails of T6 synthetic 5W40 for my truck. I’m hoping that’s the correct weight for my Ulysses. It does have that JASO-MA rating so I guess I can run it in the primary too.

No. The type of oil is ok but the 5W-40 for your truck is much too thin.

15w-40 for cold temps and 20w-50 for higher temps. Run the oil for the lowest ambient temp your bike will see.

You can get a service manual download for free from Buellmods.com or Buelltooth.com

Hi again, I keep coming back for your knowledge about this bike lol. I love my 08 Uly XT and I’m trying to learn about it. I did an oil change and I put in the right amount of oil (actually a bit more) but I can’t get an accurate oil reading no matter what I try. I’ve read other posts about it but I’d like to hear your opinion. It always reads low. Thanks in advance for your help again.

2 1/2 quarts that's it. Should be on sidestand and when oil gets hot it expands so read it after bike has run for a little. Should show a little higher on dipstick then.

Thanks, I know the level is good now, even though it shows very low. My concern is as the oil burns off between oil changes I will never know how much is in the bike or how much to add. I do get the bike very hot and try checking right it after shutdown and 10 mins after shutdown and it is always low. I think it is draing back into motor.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post

You can get a service manual download for free from Buellmods.com or Buelltooth.com
    The check procedure is laid out step-by-step. The timing and all the steps in order does matter. If you follow the steps and it reads low, add oil until it is between the full and add marks. No need to have it maxed out.

The level in the reservoir (swing-arm) will change because it is a dry sump engine, thats why the check procedure is important. It does not have anything to do with "oil expanding".

Good morning. Have any of you ever had your xb12 lose all electical power while riding? Happened to me yesterday. Everything shut off and bike won’t restart. No power. Had to tow it home. I checked everything obvious. No luck

Yes, I had loose batt cable, my Batt strap was not holding the Batt place and neg cable was loose killing all. Easy fix New strap and tighten up cables. One other time my key switch was bad at the power contacts so I opened it up dressed the contacts lubed worked fine. If you are not very handy dont open it up get a new one.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast