Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Wild ideas come to mind!!

I was thinking a smaller bike would be better for part time local stuff, but klr's are soooooo cheap!

and bulletproof...

but damn that Honda is the top dawg for what it was built for

I've been dreaming over new adventure bikes on and off now, since my friend brought up this whole adventure trip idea. Really loving the Triumph by the numbers @ least, but don't know much about the bikes or the company myself. I think the 1200 explorer looks pretty damn cool too!

I would be looking for a "LOW" model of course. Most of the other adv. bikes don't even offer a factory low bike! BMW will sell you a standard bike @ full price and then you have to buy the lowering bits and seat! I can't even get my leg over the KTM (all the sales staff @ the dealer thought that was fun to watch) LOL. Ducati has a 35" ish seat height!!! who can ride that?!?!?

The only poor marks I've heard on the Triumph is its weight. Its about 100lbs heavier than my Ulysses! Anyone have any British bike experience? Good or bad...
    Last edited by BuellyBagger; 01-09-2018 at 11:53 AM.

Inactive
    cody: they look great on paper but continue to battle occasional seal leaks...charging system problems....and random electrical gremlins. the nationwide dealer support apparatus is non-existent in many parts of the country and IMO, next to the legendary Suzuki Madura 1200....the explorer is the ugliest thing i've ever seen in person. which leads you and i back to a brief conversation from this past fall: Suzuki V-Strom 1200 adventure. there is NOTHING it does not do extremely well.

I thought you'd have the skinny on triumphs john! Lol. Thank you for the heads up. The only reason I can't get into the Suzuki is that (to me ) it just doesn't look gnarly and tough like the others. Although the 2018 is better in that respect (imo). I know, beemers and the triumph are actually strange and grotesque looking, but I like a bit of that utilitarian, function first kinda stuff. More dreaming and research for me then. I'm sure there are ways to toughen up the zuki's looks.

Btw John, you know how us young fellas never listen, right! JK

Inactive
    Btw John, you know how us young fellas never listen, right! JK

you said it son. now do me a favor and get the hell off my lawn!

Here you go,

https://www.tiger-explorer.com/?action=forum

I have one, 2013, 1215cc, great bike but not for going off road, I'd rather have John's bike for that or my Buell. It's fast, way faster than the Ulysses. Very intricate engine, lots of moving parts, top heavy but it disappears once your moving, if you drop it, hope someone is around to help you pick it up. It's one hundred pounds heavier partly because of the engine but mostly because of the drive shaft. Routine maintenance is pretty easy and far between having doing it.
    Last edited by njloco; 01-12-2018 at 11:45 PM.

Don't do it! Friend of mine had a computer malfunction, locked up the suspension to full rigid, as well as lost his linked anti-lock brakes. This was a major factor in his crash, which totaled the bike and injured him severely. This was last year on his brand new 2017 Tiger Explorer, that he received after his 2013 Tiger Explorer engine blew up. I would Not recommend a Triumph after what my friend went through, and the support he received from Triumph on his brand new bike. I do like the way the Triumph's look , ride, and the engines performance. I own a 2007 Tiger which was the first year for a 1050 Tiger, Great bike except all Tigers that year had cast pistons notorious for cracking and some believe it is caused by ethanol fuel with the factory fuel map? I can pick up my Tiger or Buell by myself after falling off and having a good charlie horse on one of my legs, they both weigh about 450lbs. The 07 Tiger 1050 is in the top 5 fastest produced adventure bikes, better riders than me on it, or on a 1200 Tiger have not been able to drop me while I am on my Uly.

And that my friends is my point in the car thread about electronic driver "aids". They do so much, but dang that sucks.

I've had several Triumphs and really loved the street triple and speed triple. Sweet engine and buttery trans! Fuel injected and ran very well, but no other nannies...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast