Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wild ideas come to mind!!

Next.... Seat(s?) bags?
    You've got stt right? How far off is the rear subframe width etc. Between the2? If a long/uly rear sub could be adapted bags and seat are practically done!

oh and the wheelbase? Can't have that long ulysses tail hanging off the back is the SX wheelbase is too short. That'd ride squirly!! and look dumb of course
    Last edited by BuellyBagger; 11-03-2017 at 11:59 AM.

1190 wheelbase |55.5 in and......... the uly is 54 so we're good!!!

All,

As to V-Stroms--I purchased a brand new one back in 2013 or so. Awesome bike in all ways except one and why I got rid of it after 500 miles.
    To all of you who do not know what tinnitus is well count your blessings. The V-strom totally blew out my ears and re-activated my tinnitus--all in the first 100 miles.

I tried various fixes, different windscreen including a Marsden(?) all to no avail. Really bad airflow around that front fairing. I had a V-rod for awhile with zero fairing and no problem with the ugly T.

Get someone to alternately slap your ears with an open palm for a few cycles and you will get the tinnitus effect, produced by the V-Strom.

Cost me a bundle to get out from that bike and I went for a VFR next which was fine in that department.

------------------------------

As far as driving to Prudhoe bay goes. 44Maagnum at least. Problem is you cannot take it along with you in Canada--So for a big chunk of the journey you will no longer be an apex predator but just a snack. Moose and elk are quite mean also. Go with at least two people

Inactive
    ^^^^ that's what an 8 pack of dollar general store foamy ear plugs are for. i'm 64...have logged approx. 10,000 miles to date on my 2 stroms and my hearing remains pristine.

Bags would be easy if you're ok with soft bags. I have a good universal set I use for my long trips and I haven't even expanded them. I pack really light though.

A Uly seat and pan might be worth a shot?

Hey Opto! Still going 100mph everywhere? haha

I'm not worried about noise or wind opto...20170604_120111.jpglol

Honestly if i were able to take this trip with my bud I'd be looking very hard at this bike https://omaha.craigslist.org/mcy/d/2...366239655.html

Or another Ulysses.

Here's An odd pair. Lol.... 20170813_115618.jpg
    So my bud has narrowed his choices down to the ktm 1290 adventure and the ducati multistrada enduro. Since money is no object to him he's leaning ducati. I have been strongly trying to steer him away from ducati. The ktm is nearly 5k cheaper 10 more hp and lighter! So he's resolved to waiting for a warm weekend and we're going to both go ride both. Dunno how we're going to talk the salesman into cutting us loose at the same time though lol!

Lunatic,

Well maybe you have tougher ears then me. Of course I wear earplugs -- jeez---don't go off thinking we are all stupid--also purchased a Schubert helmet(the quietest) did what I could. I spent years on tugs and in other noisy environments and my ears took a beating.

After getting rid of the V-Strom, and with the help of Gingko Biloba my tinnitus slowly faded away. Differential air pressure is the main culprit. My Ulysses has a very noisy Drummond but that frequency does not effect me.

My Hearing is pretty good but inner ear ringing is tinnitus and it sucks. Fortunately, my ears like the 1190RX and the Uly so the tinnitus is not an issue these days.

Yes Coot, still ripping along -- probably good we didn't have the EBRs on that trip !! You probably should get some larger bags to carry around some tools and wheel bearings

Inactive
    Lunatic,

Well maybe you have tougher ears then me. Of course I wear earplugs -- jeez---don't go off thinking we are all stupid--also purchased a Schubert helmet(the quietest) did what I could. I spent years on tugs and in other noisy environments and my ears took a beating.

wow! never meant to even suggest i was questioning your intelligence or infer that mine is superior to anyones'....yours included.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast