Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wild ideas come to mind!!

Hey Opto, I was in a Fastenal the other day and you'll NEVER guess what sealed bearings they carry on the shelf.... all of them. 6003-2RS, 6005-2RS, I think the idler and steering neck bearings were there too. Derrrrrrrrrrr....

Isn't KTM having all kinds of problems, I just googled it, I wouldn't buy one !

Banned
    European motorcycles are less reliable even than American motorcycles, so I would not buy KTM either.

Lunatic,

Sorry is all mine, feeling a little touchy today. BTW I invested heavily in custom molded earplugs that didn't work any better then the foam ones.

The whole tinnitus issue is something that no one understands until you are afflicted. For sure the dealer didn't show me any sympathy when I traded back in for the '08 VFR. (new in 2013)
    I had a similar experience back in around 2001 when I traded my faithful VTR V-twin (80,000 km, never missed a beat) in on a naked 4 banger Suzuki. That produced the first tinnitus bout so that time traded for an old gear cam VFR --awesome bike, all dialed in but the noisy bevel gears made the tinnitus even worse, traded that back in for another VTR and everything settled down in the ear dept.

Sorry to bore you with ear tales but I have seen people literally go near crazy because of it. Can't sleep etc. I know it exists bigly in the motor bike community

Cooter came up with some white silicon earplugs from the drugstore that look even better. I am going to try them soon.

On those bearings, Coot, sort of live and learn -- that is a good thing--living/learning

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    Isn't KTM having all kinds of problems, I just googled it, I wouldn't buy one !
    ****e didn't know that. Have just been looking at specs. I'll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Hey Opto, I was in a Fastenal the other day and you'll NEVER guess what sealed bearings they carry on the shelf.... all of them. 6003-2RS, 6005-2RS, I think the idler and steering neck bearings were there too. Derrrrrrrrrrr....
    Fcken eh did not know that... I need to replace my wheel bearings and I was dreading getting Chinese parts. Fastenal carries Koyo and FAG.... I'll have to take a walk to the Fastenal down the block.... Thank you.
    Last edited by GregoXB; 11-05-2017 at 02:13 AM.

It's my whole hearted opinion that every Buell tool bag should have wheel bearings in it. Even if you don't feel capable of replacing them like I did roadside, having them is half the battle. When they go, they go catastrophically.

I just changed 3 of them yesterday in my rear wheel, Should not have to worry for a long time.

I would NOT want to ever change them on the road side.

You're right.

IMG_1290 by Cooter!, on Flickr

Without the right tool getting them out is a PITA !!! Even with the right tools could be a PITA!!!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast