Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: (Ulysses XB12XT 2006) Bike will stall/hiccup between 10mph and 30mph.

My garage ceiling is really high so I'll have to figure out a way to get the bike lifted.
    you have a porch swing or a swing set you can use as an A-frame hoist?

you're not just going to throw a cam sensor at ru? its pretty common for the cps wires to rub on the chin fairing btw
    Last edited by BuellyBagger; 11-07-2017 at 04:53 PM.

I too replaced my 09 Uly's ECM in 2014/15, for the same symptoms. When relocating the ECM to be on top of the shock reservoir, it is in direct line of the fan exhaust so I installed the fan shroud from the comfort kit. It is a PIA to remove the rear shock now as I have to remove the seat pan, battery bracket, etc.... just as you do when installing the shroud in the first place. I think the benefits are worth it as the fan does not blow hot air on your ECM, reservoir, battery, etc.... everything under the seat. Also the fan shroud, with some dremel work will keep all your hoses from rubbing the rear spring as well as keeping them and the fuel line at the pump out of the heat. The rear shock though will always be warm as it is right next to the fan.

Relocating the ECM seems like a easy thing to do temporarily. Would I just unscrew it and set it somewhere the seat doesn't press down on it?

I'll check the CPS wires tonight.

Thanks

20170816_011200[1].jpg

Here I am in the process of installing everything under the seat after I put in the fan shroud. I think you can see the angle bracket on the ecm, maybe, then I bolt it to the top of the shock reservoir, which in this picture the top bracket to the shock reservoir is not installed yet. I think there is a link somewhere to do the ecm relocate? Also I make sure there is a gap between the ECM and the reservoir, as I believe there is some heat coming from the reservoir as well. Since this pic was taken I actually put a heat blanket along the bottom of pan instead of on top, will try to get another pic if anyone is interested?
    Last edited by Tbone; 11-08-2017 at 09:47 PM.

Sent the bike into my local stealership. Turns out is was a broken wire in the steering column. I wish I had pictures but they took care of it before I could get any.

This explains why it suddenly started happening and why it didn't effect the over all running of the bike.

Problem resolved.

Glad you have the Problem resolved, thx for the follow up. It could help others.

You can put some paint on the top of the ECM connectors. Go for a normal ride. Take the seat off and look for paint transfer. If there is any contact, it will crack the ECM over time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12