Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DIY: IAC housing (ingectors rail) gasket

Banned

DIY: IAC housing (ingectors rail) gasket

Today I'm going to show you how to make IAC housing gasket for Buell XB (Part Number P0284.5AA).

Instead of buying pricey genuine Buell gasket from dealer you can cut a bunch of your own gaskets from same material for same price.

Genuine IAC gasket for Buell made of Interface Solutions Gasket Material N-8092 .031" which is Aramid/Buna-N Gasket Material blend.

You can buy this material here https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Pc-Interf...xYko7Z&vxp=mtr

or here https://www.mcmaster.com/#9470k26/=19z4apv

I carefully measured original IAC housing gasket and created CAD model

Then I created PDF file with cutting pattern to cut 25 gaskets from one material sheet 244x265mm

You have to download the PDF cutting file here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t4H...ew?usp=sharing

Upload the PDF file in lased cutting machine, set necessary setting for laser cutting machine. I used cutting profile for silicone rubber 0.8mm thick to cut this material.

Place the gasket material sheet in laser cutting machine

Start cutting process

Go grab some soda and get back in a few minutes.

Remove the gaskets from laser cutting machine

Carefully clean gaskets with compressed air

I also recommend you to stack the gaskets, clamp them with piece of wood and blows the gasket edges to clean them thoroughly

Done!

Place the gaskets in your toolbox so you can reach them when you need them

Now you have 25 gaskets and one more extra sheet of gasket material, and everything costs you less than one gasket from dealer. Now you do not need to care about this IAC housing gasket for whole your life.

Last edited by TPEHAK; 11-04-2017 at 10:14 PM.

BC we all have a laser cutting machine!

Thanks for another useless thread!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicknstripn View Post
    BC we all have a laser cutting machine!

Thanks for another useless thread!
    You can cut gasket with x-acto blade. Just print the PDF file I created, tape it on the gasket sheet and cut damn thing.
    Last edited by TPEHAK; 11-04-2017 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TPEHAK View Post
    You can cut gasket with x-acto blade. Just print the PDF file I created, tape it on the gasket sheet and cut damn thing.
    Then this thread should have been about how you can simply trace an old gasket on to gasket material and cut a new gasket out by hand.
    Instead this is another one of your threads on how to totally over complicate a simple process.
    At least that's what it looks like to me.

Im sure I'm not only one..... ......but I've been wrong, many times, before.

Today if you send me your XB I can show you how to actually fix it. Instead of showing us cool laser cnc cutting tools.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BuellyBagger View Post
    I've made my own gaskets b4. But still...... a useless thread. Especially considering how often that gasket actually fails.
    I do not think this gasket fails at all, but you have to replace this gasket each time you maintain injectors, replace injectors o-rings or clean throttle body.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicknstripn View Post
    Then this thread should have been about how you can simply trace an old gasket on to gasket material and cut a new gasket out by hand.
    Instead this is another one of your threads on how to totally over complicate a simple process.
    At least that's what it looks like to me.
    I have already traced it. All you need is to print the PDF file at 1:1 scale.

Inactive
    if you REALLY wanted to impress board members you would have wrapped up yet another one of these "look at me"..."acknowledge how talented and brilliant i am" threads with something along the lines of:
    "made 25....need 1...keeping a few spares....have 22 available i'll never use....any board member wanting one let me know. it's cost of material and $1 to send to you."
    THAT would have impressed even me.

^^^^^John I was curious as to whether he was going to give them away or offer em up at least

Inactive
    not this guy wally. wouldn't generate enough attention to satisfy his insatiable appetite.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast