Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What are the parts most likely to go bad first?

What are the parts most likely to go bad first?

New to being a Bueller. My brother just gave me a 2009 XB9SX with 21K miles on it. What a score! It's been well kept, looks good and runs great. The only maintenance I've done is to replace the belt and spark plugs. I also took off all of the aftermarket turn signals and mirrors and installed all original stuff. Sanded off some minor corrosion on the tail and painted.

I've been reading a lot of the info on this forum for weeks. I'm hooked! So much good info. Installed ECMspy and got a Buelltooth. Would've done the ECMdroid, but don't have an Android device.

My question is if I wanted to keep a box of parts most likely to go bad first on this bike what should it be filled with? Not talking about routine service stuff. I have some idea of what to fill it up with, but I figure you guys would have much more of a clue as to what goes first on these bikes.

Thanks

20171112_214011930_iOS.jpg
    Last edited by Peeking Turtle; 11-12-2017 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Add Picture

Yes , you scored!! Welcome, Lets see some pics.
    You dont need a box of parts, parts are easy to to get.

Things to check are Motor mounts front and rear, wheel bearings, neck bearings, primary chain tension,just a few. I am sure the guys will add to the list.
    Last edited by Silverrider; 11-12-2017 at 09:25 PM.

Thanks Silverrider. Added a pic.

Very Nice , I had the very same bike. blue and all , Kool.

038.jpg
    Last edited by Silverrider; 11-12-2017 at 11:16 PM.

Nice bike, looks stock too, very nice.
    Good luck with it and welcome to the board.

Nice looking machine, looks super clean. Welcome aboard.

Don't worry about parts. Just ride it and enjoy it. Nice bike and welcome. The only part you need to worry about is putting your gas cap on right or you will here about it.

Inactive
    ^^^^^^^LOL ricky!
    cityX a very nice XB model....hero blue wildly popular.....the 984 is a very pleasant motor. it's missing a few of the cool SX parts but those items still available with minimal search. invest in a RSS "kit" over the winter. your rear cylinder and right inner thigh will thank you next summer.
    OTHER THAN the hero blue flyscreen and hero blue airbox cover(only a handful left in dealer system as of this date) stock-piling parts for an XB model buell utter and complete waste of time and money. forty years from now everything needed to keep it on the road will still be available new and used. being a Vincent black lightning and Kawasaki Mach-IV owner i know what i speak of.

Yeah, was looking at the RSS kit and was wondering if there was a reasonable temp improvement. Thanks. I think I’ll be springing for that soon. Besides the hand grip wind deflectors and the license plate reflector, what other original parts do you see missing? Been a mission of mine trying to get it back to totally original. Always been a pure stock dude. My brother is the opposite, and he’s my identical twin! Go figure.
    Also not looking to stock up for the scarcity of parts. Looking to just have a box of parts to quickly get back on the road for the most common issues. No real winters here in Hawaii. Motorcycle to work year round🤙

She's built to run, not much maintenance required.

Remember buddy... she's not an Italian super model, she's a country girl. Too much attention and she'll act badly. She's a cheese curd lovin' sweet girl, built for comfort right here in good ol' Wisconsin USA. Ride her hard, ride her often, and she'll reward you with a smile on your face every time you straddle her. Yes, she does like it a little rough. Step up or get back on the Vespa

Check out Buellmods.com or Buelltooth.com for a free download of the service manual to see the schedule. Keep the battery fresh and don't let her sit. She likes when you show her off to your friends.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast