Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who uses ECM Droid (app)?

Who uses ECM Droid (app)?

what are your steps for connecting to the bike to view live data while the bike is running? I can't seem to get mine to stay connected once i crank the bike, nor can i get it to re-establish a connection once the bike is running. i can view live data while the bike isnt running (tps, temp, etc) but as soon as i hit the start button, all the live data stays at the same state it was prior to starting. I'm using the Buelltooth connector, and it will pair with my laptop and show live data just fine (running or not), unfortunately my laptop was in storage for a few months during a move and now it wont turn on, so i cant use it to view data. I've tried the app on my android phone, and my android tablet with no success.
    Last edited by munkiep; 11-14-2017 at 09:45 PM.

Banned
    You have to use Bluetooth connection to pair the devices. Search on YouTube, there is a video how to pair them.

i did this, hence the reason i can view live data until the bike is cranked

Banned
    Probably there is electromagnetic distortion from the engine. In my case I can not pair program after starting the engine, it interrupts the data. So I have to pair before starting the engine.

Try to go in the menu Live Data and On and Off it a few times, maybe it will help.

The live data will sometimes revert to not transmitting after engine start on my bike, I need to press the button bottom left of the live data screen. It's labeled kinda backwards, so try pushing it and waiting a second or so to see if it works.

Edit: A weak battery in the bike could cause the voltage to drop enough when starting to disconnect the dongle. Try having a charger on it (not a Battery Tender thing) when starting.

I don't know why it won't re-connect while running, it sounds like an issue with the Android devices. The dongle doesn't care if the bike is running or not, it's just the (wire) between the bike and program. I'd contact Buelltooth?.... because it isn't EMP.

Last edited by Cooter; 11-15-2017 at 04:33 PM.

I kind of like that picture, naturally, depending on where it's taking place!

I've been using it now for a few weeks just from my android phone so I'm still learning but so far I really like it. Like others said I connect before I start the engine and I haven't had any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    The live data will sometimes revert to not transmitting after engine start on my bike, I need to press the button bottom left of the live data screen. It's labeled kinda backwards, so try pushing it and waiting a second or so to see if it works.

Edit: A weak battery in the bike could cause the voltage to drop enough when starting to disconnect the dongle. Try having a charger on it (not a Battery Tender thing) when starting.

I don't know why it won't re-connect while running, it sounds like an issue with the Android devices. The dongle doesn't care if the bike is running or not, it's just the (wire) between the bike and program. I'd contact Buelltooth?.... because it isn't EMP.

I noticed ECMSPY will do the same if battery is low or will not connect at all. Sometimes I had to put little jump box on to get it to connect. I have new battery in now and connects just fine now. Like Cooter said if voltage is low no go.

Quote Originally Posted by Cagedup View Post
    I've been using it now for a few weeks just from my android phone so I'm still learning but so far I really like it. Like others said I connect before I start the engine and I haven't had any issues.
    have you been able to successfully log a .msl file?

ECM Droid is very easy to use in conjunction with a bluetooth dongle. A couple guys here sell dongles here. I personally use the Buelltooth dongle with no issues.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast