Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: High performance intake manifold flanges for 2008-2010 Buell XB

Quote Originally Posted by Randy_rots View Post
    It's already finished and I have covered about 3K miles on it
    Fuel map still needs attention but before I continue with it I would like to upgrade the flanges to make sure I don't have any leaks.

Here is the title of the thread on xlforum. I just refreshed the pictures because they were on photobucket before....
    Buell XB12XT converted to 1250 with XR1200 heads

Regards
    Thanks! I think the title was appended to "Buell XB12XT converted to 1250 with..."

Anyhow if anyone else thinks this is cool as Randy and I do... here is the linky.

http://xlforum.net/forums/showthread...02#post5812002

What made you go to the 1250 cylinders? Hammer seems to be waving the 1275 flag. I'm surprised you were able to get them to work with you. I cant get them to return an email.

I do like the MAP sensor mounted to the intake. I believe my 2016 Sportster has the same setup. The Micro exhaust is a nice (and rare) touch as well.

Where did you get the Xopti map? Was it from a while back? I thought he wasnt doing maps anymore? Amiwrong?

Cool stuff nonetheless.
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 03-17-2020 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Thanks! I think the title was appended to "Buell XB12XT converted to 1250 with..."

Anyhow if anyone else thinks this is cool as Randy and I do... here is the linky.

http://xlforum.net/forums/showthread...02#post5812002

What made you go to the 1250 cylinders? Hammer seems to be waving the 1275 flag. I'm surprised you were able to get them to work with you. I cant get them to return an email.

I do like the MAP sensor mounted to the intake. I believe my 2016 Sportster has the same setup. The Micro exhaust is a nice (and rare) touch as well.

Where did you get the Xopti map? Was it from a while back? I thought he wasnt doing maps anymore? Amiwrong?

Cool stuff nonetheless.
    Hi

I bought 2x 1250 cylinders and 30 reverse dome pistons when they came up with them (the pistons).
    I was buying and dealing with Hammer Performance back when they were working for NRHS.
    Since the split up, I went with Hammer and I can't say bad word about them. I bought many 1250 and half a dozen of 1275 kits so far 2x 88" and 1 90"
    I had that project on back of my head since I saw XR1200 for the first time and always wanted to do one for myself
    I bought the XR1200 heads few years back on ebay and sent them to Hammer to port them and match to my 1250 kit and new Zippers cams.
    Regarding the Xopti, I was able to convince them to send me a map after they were out of business, it was not very good however but good enough to safely brake the engine in.
    Then I found "Buelltooth" and was able to improve the map, add baro sensor but after few sessions I had to go with bigger fuel injectors and start over again.
    We managed to improve everything but I went abroad for few months and we did not finish. I plan to contact him again soon and finish that map but first I want the new flanges.

Regards
    Last edited by Randy_rots; 03-17-2020 at 11:40 PM.

Man that looks like a neat project, congrats!

Yes definitely thanks for sharing. Seeing stuff like this makes me want to start tearing into my upgraded electronics for my 03.

Thanks guys.
    I was wondering if I hijacking the thread but since the original creator is gone and banned, he won't mind. LOL

Your project is much cooler anyhow.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345