Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Won't run more than about five seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by C2H5OH View Post
    That was my first assumption. Would the TPS just suddenly go bad?
    Not likely, but easy to test with ecm spy. Just watch the voltage or the % open in real time and make sure it smoothly coincides with opening and closing the throttle. Can be done with an ohm meter too I'm sure.

At least the 04 tps is cheap. Parts cross thread has the auto parts equivalent #
    Last edited by BuellyBagger; 11-15-2017 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BuellyBagger View Post
    Not likely, but easy to test with ecm spy. Just watch the voltage or the % open in real time and make sure it smoothly coincides with opening and closing the throttle. Can be done with an ohm meter too I'm sure.

At least the 04 tps is cheap. Parts cross thread has the auto parts equivalent #
    Link to that thread?

Quote Originally Posted by C2H5OH View Post
    Link to that thread?
    Search feature upper right of the page...

http://www.buellxb.com/forum/showthr...ference-thread

Sometimes they go bad and sometimes they get out of adjustment. It might be good and just need to be reset . You haven't unplugged the 02 sensor wire by chance. Bike will run for a couple seconds and then shut down if unplugged.

I'm going to start with the TPS reset. I don't have a laptop to take outside to connect to my bike. Any chance there's a way to do it with an iPhone? I searched for ECMSPY for iPhone and nothing comes up.

Not for iPhone. Android or laptop. You could buy cheap Android phone and get a hold of AZmidget ( forum member) for Bluetooth dongle. Ecmdroid is free on Android phone to download. It's a little price to pay for working on bike but WELL worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by rchuff View Post
    Not for iPhone. Android or laptop. You could buy cheap Android phone and get a hold of AZmidget ( forum member) for Bluetooth dongle. Ecmdroid is free on Android phone to download. It's a little price to pay for working on bike but WELL worth it.
    Will any Android phone work? Are there minimum specs?

Yes any android will work.
    However, before you start buying stuff to "fix" your bike do all the stuff that costs you nothing but time.
    First: download a service manual. www.buellmods.com
    Then, insure that your battery is good. Use the trouble shooting info in the service manual to help you perform a battery test. Check all the ground connections on the bike and insure your battery terminals are clean and tight. Check your wiring for any chaffing. Since your issue is either spark, fuel or air I'd check wiring and connectors at fuel pump, spark plugs, TPS, cam position sensor and fuel injectors. Remove the front pulley cover and check those connections for any signs of continuity problems.
    Pull your spark plugs and inspect them. What do they look like compared to the illustrations of a good spark plug in the manual?
    Have you performed any type of modifications to your bike prior to this issue?
    There's a lot of information and a lot of experience to be gained by simply taking the time to inspect the physical items that COULD be causing your running issue.
    Report back with your results and questions that you encounter along the way.
    Good luck

Banned
    Sometimes time costs more than the right stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by TPEHAK View Post
    Sometimes time costs more than the right stuff.
    Coming from you, this is absolutely contradictory and incredibly hypocritical, considering the "time" and "cost" you've put into designing some seriously WRONG stuff.

My post was meant to encourage C2H5OH to spend sometime insuring nothing obvious could be causing his issues and to become more familiar with the various systems on the bike.

Last edited by Chicknstripn; 11-17-2017 at 10:17 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast