Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Won't run more than about five seconds.

^^^^ Carlos makes a every good point here. Make sure battery is good and if good is bike charging battery. Understand bike is not running long to test voltage regulator but you can make sure battery is good by load test. It never hurts to check the other stuff he pointed out and it's good to know your bike.
    Last edited by rchuff; 11-17-2017 at 10:44 PM.

I have learned not to say anything if, it does not pertain to the conversation or should I say the subject ! It only distracts from someone getting help fixing their machine.

Quote Originally Posted by rchuff View Post
    ^^^^ Carlos makes a every good point here. Make sure battery is good and if good is bike charging battery. Understand bike is not running long to test voltage regulator but you can make sure battery is good by load test. It never hurts to check the other stuff he pointed out and it's good to know your bike.
    Hmmmm. I tried to start it a day before I made this post and my bike would hardly crank. I put the battery on a charger. Never crossed my mind.

Finally got it to idle by messing around with the idle screw. So it will die if I give it a little throttle, but the RPMs shoot up when I give it a hard twist.

https://youtu.be/D1R6zmFKjPA

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123