Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Riding gear question.

Quote Originally Posted by GregoXB View Post
    I mean, you gotta do what you gotta do. I am just saying I had a buddy who went down while wearing Timberlands and, when it was over, one foot had a Timb and the other had a sock.
    Was your buddy rocking the "Timbs" all cool like, sans laces?
    I wear steal toe work boots on my commute to and from work. I have gone down with steal toe boots on, a few times in my 20 year riding career, and never had a properly laced and tied boot fly off my feet.

Any full leather boot, properly laced and tied, is much better protection than sneakers

Quote Originally Posted by Chicknstripn View Post
    Was your buddy rocking the "Timbs" all cool like, sans laces?
    I wear steal toe work boots on my commute to and from work. I have gone down with steal toe boots on, a few times in my 20 year riding career, and never had a properly laced and tied boot fly off my feet.

Any full leather boot, properly laced and tied, is much better protection than sneakers
    LMAO. No, he wore his Timberlands because he wanted to save a little money. He figured they were rough and tough and could handle the job.

I really like my Sliders riding jeans. Tons of Kevlar, looks like normal jeans, and cost not too much more than a pair of regular jeans, and much less than any other riding jean that looks decent. I used to get them at competition accessories but I can't find them on their new site

Got my new boots! not bad so far. Haven't ridden with them of course. Much different (stiffer)than what I'm used to but I assume that's the price you pay for protection. Going to have to adjust all my shifters. Made a boo-boo while I was doing that.20171117_171759.jpg20171117_174549.jpg

I don't remember which member used to say it so I'll say it for him, ATGATT, All the gear all the time. I don't like the way my work boots feel on my bike, I don't like my full leathers when they get wet, I don't ride at the track so I'm ok, my Kevlar jeans and jacket should be fine.
    Sorry but I feel these are all excuses. Buy the best you can afford but buy the right stuff, even used. Blue jeans and a leather jacket just wont cut it.
    I had a 60 plus MPH lowside at the track and got flicked off a sidecar at over 80MPH and walked away unscathed. Tells me everything I need to know about full gear.
    I NEVER leave the driveway without it.

Just my 2 cents, Wayne

I low sided on the track wearing full leather racing suit. I did 4 log rolls at about 60 mph. I suffered a jammed pinky, that's it.
    Last edited by GregoXB; 11-18-2017 at 03:40 PM.

I use a one-piece suit whenever I'm feeling dancy, but I really like legit riding jeans for normal riding and commuting. Get several from revzilla and try them all on, they fit drastically differently by the brand. They can look totally normal but have knee protection and MUCH better protection.

When I ride to work I feel my good high top workbooks laced all the way a great protection. I don't think the steel toes are necessary so whatever. The only difference I see between them and my riding boots are the slick pads for sliding instead of the rubber digging into the road and causing problems in a wreck, the ankle support is better on the riding boots, and there no laces to get snagged on stuff. All in all I think it's worth the trade off commuting to not have to carry big ass boots with you.

A really good leather armored motorcycle jacket and gloves are mandatory.

Good gear is the cheapest insurance I can find.

Buelly, how did that happen, was it metal fatigue ?

I wear motorcycle dedicated gear, I have the Kevlar jeans with pads, I wear an Icon heavy leather jacket, with all padding and, now I have the Alpinestar Scout WP boots and don't forget the digits, I have heavy-duty biker gloves made with exotic leathers like, stingray !

As stated above, buy the best you can afford.

Buelly, how did that happen, was it metal fatigue ?
    more like mental fatigue, it was stuck a bit so I thought I'd pry it apart a little @the split &snap.

Them pry bars will do it evry time.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast