Thread: RECALL Michelin Pilot 3 size 180/55ZR17 M/C (73W)

RECALL Michelin Pilot 3 size 180/55ZR17 M/C (73W)

Posting a stand alone thread so this doesn't get missed. Good luck! I have this recall to deal with currently.

Michelin North America, Inc. has decided that certain Michelin 180/55ZR17 M/C (73W) Pilot Power 3 motorcycle tires fail to conform to Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard Number 119, “New Pneumatic Tires for Motor Vehicles with a GVWR of more than 4,536 kilograms (10,000 pounds) and Motorcycles.” These tires lack the required maximum load and associated inflation pressure information on the sidewall, and therefore Michelin is recalling approximately 184 of these tires in the United States. Owners of these tires may contact Michelin at 1-866-324-2835

The DOT symbol, TIN sequence, and date code
    Michelin 180/55ZR17 M/C (73W) Pilot Power 3 DOT HB7D 01CX 1616, 1716, or 1816

If the information on the sidewall of your tires does not match these identifiers, it is not part of the recall.

http://motorcycle.michelinman.com/mo...elp/pp3vr.html

Update; nevermind it's just a typo on the tire related to max loads.
    Not worth the time to change out, and you have to return the recall tire. No thanks LOL.

Rob
    Last edited by midway; 11-16-2017 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by midway View Post
    Posting a stand alone thread so this doesn't get missed. Good luck! I have this recall to deal with currently.

Michelin North America, Inc. has decided that certain Michelin 180/55ZR17 M/C (73W) Pilot Power 3 motorcycle tires fail to conform to Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard Number 119, “New Pneumatic Tires for Motor Vehicles with a GVWR of more than 4,536 kilograms (10,000 pounds) and Motorcycles.” These tires lack the required maximum load and associated inflation pressure information on the sidewall, and therefore Michelin is recalling approximately 184 of these tires in the United States. Owners of these tires may contact Michelin at 1-866-324-2835

The DOT symbol, TIN sequence, and date code
    Michelin 180/55ZR17 M/C (73W) Pilot Power 3 DOT HB7D 01CX 1616, 1716, or 1816

If the information on the sidewall of your tires does not match these identifiers, it is not part of the recall.

http://motorcycle.michelinman.com/mo...elp/pp3vr.html

Update; nevermind it's just a typo on the tire related to max loads.
    Not worth the time to change out, and you have to return the recall tire. No thanks LOL.

Rob
    Hmmm... My PP3 rear tire is about ready to be replaced soon... if it is in the recall list this may be a good thing. Will be checking when I get home.