Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blast Custom Intake questions

Quote Originally Posted by vicenzajay View Post
    So how about this - http://speeddealercustoms.com/produc...y-stack-black/

With: Outerwears filter 12-1267-01 Black" & a 4" hose clamp

That's a less than $100 solution that's a direct bolt on....

Here's the filter (I think...give them a call): http://www.outerwearsracing.com/prod...sp?prod=199700
    Oops just saw you posted this, thanks for the link!

https://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Cl...n%3A3452710011

Also, what about something like this? Built for the sportster, but wouldn't it bolt up to the blast?

So I'm not sure - I know over on BRO there are several discussions about how twin-based breathers don't work so well on the Blast. That said, Thumpe's setup uses a K&N based funnel, so why not?

Ed Zick and Jetlee can really answer this better than I can. That said, I *know the velocity stack combo with the *correct outerwears filter has been tried and tested. That filter was supposedly developed to allow a much more free air exchange (at the expense of being water 'proof' - it's still water resistant). It was, I think, actually targeted for the Blast at the request of Ed Zick (EZblast on BRO and Badweb).

So I'm not sure - I know over on BRO there are several discussions about how twin-based breathers don't work so well on the Blast. That said, Thumpe's setup uses a K&N based funnel, so why not?

Ed Zick and Jetlee can really answer this better than I can. That said, I *know the velocity stack combo with the *correct outerwears filter has been tried and tested. That filter was supposedly developed to allow a much more free air exchange (at the expense of being water 'proof' - it's still water resistant). It was, I think, actually targeted for the Blast at the request of Ed Zick (EZblast on BRO and Badweb).

Ok cool, that's what I needed to know! Thanks for your help. So I should be able to get any velocity stack made for the carbureted sportster right?

Also, how's your knowledge on exhaust? I was thinking of finding a used sportster exhaust and using the front cylinder portion.

Some have done that....again, there are some used Jardine or Vance and Hines systems out there (ebay/BRO/Badweb). Another option is to put a supertrapp on there (and make your own header pipe) - again, very detailed instructions over on BRO - jetlee can help with this as well.

I went the expensive route (after the V&H) and bought the D&D system. It has been simply amazing for 3.5 years running now - zero maintenance - better performance in all regimes. But it cost $$$$

Some have done that....again, there are some used Jardine or Vance and Hines systems out there (ebay/BRO/Badweb). Another option is to put a supertrapp on there (and make your own header pipe) - again, very detailed instructions over on BRO - jetlee can help with this as well.

I went the expensive route (after the V&H) and bought the D&D system. It has been simply amazing for 3.5 years running now - zero maintenance - better performance in all regimes. But it cost $$$$
    Cool, thanks for the info! I messaged Jet Lee a day or two ago and haven't heard back yet.

Current plan is going to be either a velocity stack with outerwears filter, or make my own intake with a carb spacer.

And then find a cheap sportster exhaust locally and make it fit.

Rejet carb to 46/175.

Sound good?

Check the diameter of the header at the head.. I doubt it's the same as a 103 twin cam, but if it is, you can have the original head pipes from my softail.

Quote Originally Posted by BuellyBagger View Post
    Check the diameter of the header at the head.. I doubt it's the same as a 103 twin cam, but if it is, you can have the original head pipes from my softail.
    Hey thanks for that offer! I actually picked up a cheap sportster exhaust and mocked the header up this weekend. Looks pretty good and seems to fit well! Just gotta figure out what I want to do about the muffler.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12