Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help 2007 xb9r

Question Need help 2007 xb9r

Hello everyone need a little help I have a 2007 xb9r with about 9,500 miles on it. doesn't matter if the bike is hot/cold when I give the throttle a little crack from a red light or on the interstate it pops back through the air box.it almost feels like it is choking out.

Inactive
    classic lean condition. you've mentioned absolutely nothing about condition....mods....prior problems and repairs if any.....CEL historic info if any.....nothing.
    your back-fire into the airbox condition is either a failing CPS that comes back online with that identical back-fire result.....failing intake manifold seals.....an ecm incorrectly mapped....... a TB-to-base plate installed incorrectly.....or a tired O2 sensor that comes into play on closed-loop mode.
    try a TPS reset if you have the ability and also look at your AFV value. that's your clue to what's going on right there.
    Last edited by user_deleted; 11-29-2017 at 01:19 AM.

Thank you I am néw to the buell family I am ordering all the necessary equipment needed to check all of these features
    And the motor has 9,500 miles on it stock no mods other than a moto gp tip that is attached to the end of the header ]and the the bike is in great condition just don't think any of these things have been checked prior to me purchasing the bike any advice on the best tools for the job would be helpful. Thank you in advanced
    Last edited by Custombuell; 11-29-2017 at 12:05 PM.

Welcome aboard, can you share a pic with us ?

Chain conversion and extended swing arm, custom ,nice bike thx for the pic.

Banned
    You need to install 240 or wider rear wheel on it.

Quote Originally Posted by TPEHAK View Post
    You need to install 240 or wider rear wheel on it.
    No, he needs to troubleshoot his issue with the engine, which he created the thread for.

@custombuell - Do you have a BUELLtooth? If not I highly recommend you purchasing one. It is the single best tool you can use on these bikes to determine the root cause of failure.

No I don't have one but I will order it today.is it the same thing as the ECMSPY? sifting through the forums I've seen it used a lot but I was not sure on what to buy to fix these issues with the bike

EcmSpy, EcmDroid or TunerPro are the programs available for you to troubleshoot and Buelltooth is one of the many products available to connect your bike to the program.
    https://www.buelltooth.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast