Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pulling a code?

Ok. Welp... guess I'm buying some stuff. I'll get back to you after I get it all in. Thanks again Lunatic, Cooter, and the like.

Inactive
    yes sir my pleasure. is your 2009-S model still sporting its original muffler? that will specifically determine the "stuff" you may or may not need to buy. 95% of all #21 fault codes traced back to a faulty servo motor assembly......the large plastic electronic gizmo perched atop the factory inner air-box lid.....that stripped its internal gears due to a corroded drive cable and muffler valve. the fix? lube the cable....use aerosal Heat-Riser valve lube to lube up the muffler valve.....and purchase a good used servo motor online or beg for a freebie on here. many board members kind and generous that way.
    running the original 12 muffler and companion IEV system remains popular and the fix for a faulty system cheap and easy.
    NOTE: you can also use the dorman part # with simple mods as a great substitute for the OEM servo motor. nice easy weekend project. see link below for step-by-step instructions and part # courtesy of board member jason.

https://www.buellxb.com/forum/showth...valve-actuator

Last edited by user_deleted; 03-09-2018 at 03:09 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12