Thread: LSL Superbike Low bars

LSL Superbike Low bars

Can anyone comment on whether LSL Superbike Low handlebars (steel, black, 7/8") are a direct bolt-on for our motorcycles? I have an '08 XB12Ss. My stock bar is bent and I was wondering if I could replace it with this one without having to get risers and/or extend cables, etc.

They look close enough, you should be ok. I know the RC (Ricky Carmichael) ultra lows work really well without mod.

Thanks. I ordered one... we'll see how it turns out. I'll post some pics when it's done.

Well, unfortunately, it doesn't look like the bar fits without contacting the top of the forks. I believe the forks are adjustable in their position in the upper clamps and I might be able to get some more clearance by sliding them down a bit, but I'll have to research that a bit more. Otherwise, risers of some kind might be needed?

How close are the fork caps? It's gotta be minimal.

Close enough to contact the LSL Superbike Low bars... I'm thinking that moving the forks down the triples 2-3mm will solve the problem. Right now I've got the forks positioned so that the 2nd ring on the fork is about 5-6mm above the triple tree hole.

Sliding the forks down in the triple tree clamps solved the clearance issue for the bars, but now I've got a new problem: the stock bars have a locating hole in them for the throttle switch assembly (which has a male nub that drops in there). My new LSL bars don't have any and frankly, not real sure whether I should be drilling into them?

Drill them and be sure to chamfer the hole.

Thanks very much... I'll be taking my stock bar and LSL bar into work tomorrow and will have a competent machinist match the hole locations for me.

Worked out pretty good. Haven't ridden the bike yet (part of a larger restoration process), but I'm sure it's an upgrade.