Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: another rookie post: rocker box cover breather fittings

well said im ordering the parts thanks heaps

Put some solvent on it to make it swell, I think Marvels Mystery oil is a solvent that will make it swell. Also works on reviving main bearing seals on cars when they start getting hard and shrinking from oil and heat. Possibly could work here as well since you have a leak, oil and heat.
    Last edited by Tbone; 12-19-2017 at 07:15 PM.

If I'm not mistaken, automatic trans fluid will swell a seal, there used to be a product called seal-swell made by Malcolm products. It would only swell to a certain point and then stop. Google it, maybe they will make it.

FYI Any product that swells rubber will also make it softer and wear much faster especially if its on a lip seal for a rotating thing.

I agree and disagree Coot. From what I understand, all Synthetic oils swell seals a little. Most seal swell products, keep swelling to the point of destroying the seal, the trans fluid and the Malco product will only swell to a certain point then stop. I think the best product for rejuvenating rubber is linseed oil, works great on exterior rubber, I've never used it for seals except for front bearing hub on my four by.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123