Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big Thanks to all

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Barker View Post
    Here's a finished pic of the re purposed ford intake controller. Great info from jmcelroy. I do think they have changed this part. I was hoping for an easy switch from the bar to the cable pulley. Not to happen, Buell controller has a 3/16 shaft and the Doorman has a 1/4 shaft. Guess it could have been worse if they were reversed. Had to drill out the pulley keeping the hole centered, so you have to round out the flat side of the hole. Then you have to mount the pulley in the right position and height, then secure it so it can be welded. Took a little creative thinking. The plug installs upside down. I thought this would be a deal breaker so I checked it first thing on the bike before i started grinding on an $80 part. The controller worked just fine. Great solution if you are a little handy.

Attachment 8867
    Invalid Attachment specified

Yes the Uly length is short and height is tall, I believe the XT version maybe just a little shorter than the X only version? The handling is very easily impacted by changes in the front or rear pre-load/ride height changes. Once it is set where you need it seems to be pretty consistent with whatever tires are on it. I too find if the rear is unstable I need to either increase the rear pre-load or decrease the front pre-load or ride height. Same with the front wheel, if it feels unstable I increase the front pre-load or the ride height until it tracks through the corners. Doesn't take much to adjust and I find it is within mm's to get it were it is balanced. Glad you get it straightened out and it is a blast to ride on the twistiest roads.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12