Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Harley's sales drop. Imagine that!

They've been saying "Don't Bring Your California Too..." since the 1970's when my parents took me from Cali to Orygun as a child. Now I just heard it again... in Nashville Lol. People WANT more .gov control here. So weird. I'll be leaving soon.

I was coming back from riding Mulholland and almost home on PCH. About 20 miles south of Neptunes Net. Great place for fresh fish It got COLD after the sun went down, maybe low 50's?! Yes, thats positive 50's I had to make a hot toddy when I got home.

This beach in >1/2 mile from my pad. Like I said, Cali does have some benefits if you use them right

I'll quit clogging up this thread, sorry. Master de-railer!

They are trying to peddle the electric future all across the globe, The Harley and other Leckie bikes cost a small fortune, have limited range and the battery packs cost a lot of dosh to replace, anyway how can it be good for the environment when it needs special materials to produce the power plant.
    Some bright spark over here also pointed out that it would be hazardous to the impaired of hearing for a machine with no noise should they try to cross the road suppose they would need an imitation bike sound
    But for you guys trying to cross from one state to another would use up your vacation on overnight stops and re-charging.

Cooter sez: They've been saying "Don't Bring Your California Too..." since the 1970's when my parents took me from Cali to Orygun as a child. Ol' Orygun Guvner McCall had it right. I don't remember the exact words but he said come on up to Oregon and spend your money but make sure and go home.

I didn't have a Buell then. (for the content cops)

and thanks for the pix

Dastardy you have valid points for the current state of electric vehicles. Puuuuunnnnnnn!!!!

They are still in the development stage and need to be beta tested on a mass scale, just like petrol vehicles were in the early 1900's. The point is to find better, less earth damaging ways to make better batteries with longer range. No one should buy an electric bike for cross country travel, there just isn't the infrastructure, yet.. And Electric vehicles DO have an on-board speaker that activates engine noises at low speed for peds. A electric motorcycle would be no different, I would imagine the Live Wire has a speaker.

I would put it in a long chrome tube, and mount it to the side of the bike, and make it REALLY LOUD!

The Bob: The PM of Australia has said the same type of thing for a long time. Come here! Live here! We have plenty of land. Don't bring your rules with you, we have our own that you must follow, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Dastardy you have valid points for the current The point is to find better, less earth damaging ways to make better batteries with longer range.
    Not to mention a safer way to mine for the materials. Most EV-anglists either ignore that or are oblivious to it.
    Jack-O-Lantern
    2006 Buell XBRS LightningBolt
    http://www.buellxb.com/forum/album.php?albumid=129

California loses 3,500 people a week to other states with more favorable business climates. You will eventually be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

yea but the illegal immigration offsets that by a giant margin.
    Jack-O-Lantern
    2006 Buell XBRS LightningBolt
    http://www.buellxb.com/forum/album.php?albumid=129

They'll leave eventually too!

Cooter, is that your Brutale?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast