Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Harley's sales drop. Imagine that!

What happened to hydrogen fuel engines? That was a big deal like a decade ago, but no longer....

Long live the Motorcycle!

The major issue with all motorcycle industries is demographic related. The new generation does not have 15, 20, 25 thousand dollars to spend on a motorcycle. (At this point they are buying a car.) Heck, my comfort range is 5 or 6 thousand, as I know it is not my primary mode of transportation, due to the climate I live in. (I have, however, seen more Groms running around and the obligatory old person chasing kids of their grass on a scooter. No offense Lunatic.) Young people now spend most of their time in virtual environments for stimulation. Getting “likes” from there friends for a new pair of shoes or a funny picture has replaced going somewhere and meeting up with people. Thus the mode of traveling and socialization has taken a hit overall. I have two teenage boys which were raised on dirt bikes and atv’s, and now they would rather spend their time on their phones connecting to friends and watching YouTube. It’s very disconcerting…

Starting to sound like an old folks home lol..... I've done the math and 2x4=6x10-52 so oil won't run out anytime soon. Hope this helps...

A UFO could land and these kids would just look up and go, "yeah, **** that"

Really think the technology for getting close to 200 mpg on fossil fuel has been squelched. Also think Gas Plasmafication tech is being developed to run any combustion engine with any organic fuel including water. All this has already been done and anything that needs a power cord to recharge is obsolete as the squelched technology that has already been developed would render each individual power independent. Pretty hard for someone on a power trip to rip off or control someone who has freedom. In the spirit of Nichola Tesla who tapped into sea of energy that is generated by the earth itself, we will continue to be shackled with energy expenses for the rest of our existence. Also future generations will have their aspirations of ingenuity and freedoms trapped in a digital cage, digital cagers, whose minds have been captured by hand held microprocessors.

Banned
    Cagers are four wheels drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by TPEHAK View Post
    Cagers are four wheels drivers.
    Exactly! If you are looking at your phone and: texting, playing a game, watching a video, etc... while driving a car you might be a digital cager. I see it almost everyday when commuting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone View Post
    Exactly! If you are looking at your phone and: texting, playing a game, watching a video, etc... while driving a car you might be a digital cager. I see it almost everyday when commuting.
    I think this is a big reason for some of the drop off in Motorcycle riding.
    It's significantly more dangerous to be on a motorcycle nowadays due to how distracted the majority of car drivers are.
    Jack-O-Lantern
    2006 Buell XBRS LightningBolt
    http://www.buellxb.com/forum/album.php?albumid=129

Inactive
    these a-holes right here. plus the "head-down-in-lap" working the little magical info box. the bane of all motorcyclists!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast