Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Harley's sales drop. Imagine that!

Quote Originally Posted by Lusiphfur View Post
    I think Zotrim is the best and is a big reason for some of the drop off in Motorcycle riding.
    It's significantly more dangerous to be on a motorcycle nowadays due to how distracted the majority of car drivers are.
    So true. If you're in a populated area, forget about it. You're on borrowed time every time you sit on a bike. What do you think the solution is? More police?
    Last edited by Haughey; 10-20-2021 at 11:46 AM.

Sorry to have to say this but, I have a schedule 40 pipe bumper on my pick up truck, if I pass someone drive stupid and on their cell phone, I don't hesitate to cut in front of them close, to wake them up. Heaven help them, if I see them doing it next to a biker !

23 year old here! I got my first bike a 1980 Yamaha XS850 turned caferacer... I actually traded my car straight up for it, and 3 years later I still have the Yammy... Put 20,000 miles on her myself! I live in Michigan! Now I'm looking to upgrade to a Buell but that's another topic.... It has to do with many things... Just like smoking cigarettes as teens has died down, motorcycling has too.. All those PSA's did actually work.... Plus kids these days are more interested in having blue tooth in their Hyundai than wanting a V8... So naturally many would rather ride in comfort than on two wheels.... Its easy to blame millennial's but you guys created the world we grew up in... Next time you hate on the bun wearing kid riding a new Royal Enfield, just know, your part of the problem... here's my list of contributing factors, that happened while I grew up...
    -Lack of shop classes to fix motorcycles
    -Mommy buying you a car so you don't buy a motorcycle
    -Motorcycles are deadly campaigns
    -Less motorcycles in movies
    -Lack of motorcycles in public, and parking
    -HARLEY DAVIDSON Stereotypes
    -Never taught how to drive a manual
    -General pussification of society (Bluetooth over a V8 for example) Girls don't care for the bad boy image much, the new bad boys are the douchebags... Hence the rise in leasing luxury cars as a teen

My thoughts

The old guy who created Bluetooth isn't at fault when the young hipster in the Hyundai slams into my bike because he's distracted.

cul·pa·bil·i·ty
    ˌkəlpəˈbilədē/Submit
    noun
    responsibility for a fault or wrong; blame.
    "a level of moral culpability"
    synonyms: guilt, blame, fault, responsibility, accountability, liability, answerability;

My issue with the younger generation is their failure to take responsibility.

Your post is ironic.

Oh I totally agree, and I don't want my post to come across angry. Just the millennial bashing gets old.

Banned
    I have Bluetooth in my motorcycle helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by IanT720 View Post
    Just the millennial bashing gets old.
    Actually, it doesn't! LOL!

It wasnt that long ago when us Gen X-er's were in the same boat as the Millennials. You'll get your turn before you know it. I was 23... 23 years ago. haha.

Fun Fact: Spicoli from Fast Times at Ridgemont High was actually based on Cooters high school years.

That said, I've met some Millennials who have done some amazing things... and some Gen X-ers (like myself) whose highlights in life are looking for validation on this forum (luckily Cooter tells me I'm pretty), and finding a way to move back into my parents basement.

You called it out like a champ with this... "but you guys created the world we grew up in"

23 year old here! I got my first bike a 1980 Yamaha XS850 turned caferacer... I actually traded my car straight up for it, and 3 years later I still have the Yammy... Put 20,000 miles on her myself! I live in Michigan! Now I'm looking to upgrade to a Buell but that's another topic.... It has to do with many things... Just like smoking cigarettes as teens has died down, motorcycling has too.. All those PSA's did actually work.... Plus kids these days are more interested in having blue tooth in their Hyundai than wanting a V8... So naturally many would rather ride in comfort than on two wheels.... Its easy to blame millennial's but you guys created the world we grew up in... Next time you hate on the bun wearing kid riding a new Royal Enfield, just know, your part of the problem... here's my list of contributing factors, that happened while I grew up...
    -General pussification of society (Bluetooth over a V8 for example) Girls don't care for the bad boy image much, the new bad boys are the douchebags... Hence the rise in leasing luxury cars as a teen

My thoughts
    Ill sell you an 04 XB12s, Im in Kzoo

My thoughts
    Hey Ian,

Interesting video about Harleys situation.

https://youtu.be/qEnejeqxomA

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast