Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Harley's sales drop. Imagine that!

Quote Originally Posted by TPEHAK View Post
    I have Bluetooth in my motorcycle helmet.
    Best reply ever.

On another note, f**k this pointless multi-generational conflict. We've been blaming each other for everything and nothing - that's not leading anywhere although it's always been like that. The parents of my parents thought they were all punks going nowhere. I've been hanging out with people both much older and younger (sometimes dangerous jailbait though, let's be real THAT is a real conversation) - the only thing that matters really is just listening to each other, learning what we can from each other, and understand there's more positive to take from our differences than negative.

The Harley-Davidson case is overly complicated because the motorcycle market itself isn't doing great in the USA. Safety concerns, development of the ride-sharing economy, new energy, automation, public transportation, etc ... The world of transportation is transforming insanely fast. Plus, HD definitely has some intense challenges to address, because of its history, its strategy and other factors. It's going to be a hell of a lot of risks to take for them to try to move the MC market in a good direction - that's not easy.

I don't want to cede to pure "brand bashing". They did great things by the past, some more discutable choices as well (Buell, but also remember the context and how bad the economy was at the time). I'll just watch and see what happens, hoping for the best. And try to support the brand if I can with my wallet if it feels like going in the right direction!

Here's a great example of multi-generational issues. I remember growing up that this was a bad thing.

Well said Herawan. If everyone (old and young) took responsibility of their actions and for their own situation, there would be no squabbling.

Damn them hipsters make a good cup of coffee though....

Millennials...... the generation of entitlement. Raising weaker, kneeling men . Many who are gender confused. Come on America! Lets ride and make America great again. Man up.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    Millennials...... the generation of entitlement. Raising weaker, kneeling men . Many who are gender confused. Come on America! Lets ride and make America great again. Man up.
    At least millennials answered the call after 9/11 instead of being a bunch of draft dodging hippies like the boomers

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    so typical of this board and the internet in general. thread commenced to discuss new bike sales and has now made a left turn and deteriorated into name calling and military-responsibility opinions. and for what it's worth Bub.......my boomer generation served admirably and proudly in both the military and police departments here at home. i happen to be one of them.
    So, yeah... back to the point of the thread then. Any one else hear about the Harley internship where they are getting college grads to spend a year riding around on a bike, that they get to keep as long as they fulfill their ambassadorship by posting it all in social media and showing off how cool the life style is. http://fortune.com/2018/04/21/harley...rnship-travel/

I think it's a cool idea, I'd have done it@ college age!

Thats really cool! I'll totally get a facebook account and a man bun for a free Harley and a ride around 'Murica! What a good idea

Lunatic, thank you for your service. As much as I appreciate the men and women who choose to get paid to be first-responders, their job will never compare to the realities of a real war or actually being in service to our country.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    so typical of this board and the internet in general. thread commenced to discuss new bike sales and has now made a left turn and deteriorated into name calling and military-responsibility opinions. and for what it's worth Bub.......my boomer generation served admirably and proudly in both the military and police departments here at home. i happen to be one of them.
    I was just proving a point that every generation has it's flakes so don't talk bad about others

All,

I spend a fair amount of time out on the open road. Sad to say but most of the riders I encounter are 50 plus. Like me-- I road hard on my Norton Dom 650, back in the day, but when the family came along I gave all that up. 25 years later I picked it up again as then the kids were grown and I had some extra time and $$.

Always a mistake to generalize about generations--They called me a freak back when because I had long hair and a beard. Now a days, the piercings, tats, general mutilation and gender confused crowd are the freaks. Well, they are freaks.

I think a big issue to not seeing young people out there are the big barriers to entry-- First costs, and the big one -- insurance. Heck the insurance on a financed bike often equals the bike payment. Oddly, WA state is one of the few that do not require insurance of any sort on motorbikes--even so, not many young riders out there. Yeah it is a bad and dangerous sport with terrible stats

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast