Thread: Heated Gloves Rec?

Heated Gloves Rec?

Hello, I've been searching around the webs looking at some heated gear, mostly for a nice glove that will give a nice snug, sporty fit with technology that keeps the freeze out of the fingers. Any body have any experience with heated gloves? Thanks.

Heated gloves are a nice bonus to hand guards/wind deflectors. Hand guards are the #1 item that will keep your fingers from going numb.

Banned
    I use Firstgear heated liners under big size Alpinstar waterproof gloves. I also use Firstgear jacket liner, pans liner and socks liners with dual channels heattroller. Works with no issues. Gloves liners can be connected to jacket liner. Everything works nice. You can use liners with any gloves you like, just make sure they are one size bigger than your hand size. Those liners need receiver and heattroller. I recommend you to use jacket leaner and gloves liners together because of jacket already has necessary wires and pocket for receiver.
    Last edited by TPEHAK; 12-28-2017 at 04:14 PM.

I've tried heated liners and heated gloves. I prefer battery pack operated heated gloves. The liners were not comfortable and did not heat my hands as well as the heated gloves. As for the gloves, I like the Gerbings battery operated heated gloves.

I have Gerbings plug-in with controller and they work great and have heated grips to. A little over kill but would rather over kill then not enough in cold weather. Grips get used most of time with lighter gloves. When really cold heated gloves.
    Last edited by rchuff; 12-29-2017 at 12:43 AM.

I started out with CycleGear heated gloves. They were warm even when not plugged in and were very warm but bulky. Each glove has a controller, (low, medium, high). Something stopped working and CycleGear let me exchange them for First Gear heated gloves.

The First Gear gloves fit well and are comfortable. They take the edge off the cold but are not toasty warm/hot. They generally work OK but are not up our annual New Years Day ride. I also have a pair of CycleGear heated glove liners. These run very warm to hot. I have to wear a thin pair of silk glove liners when using them. I use them inside a pair of ski mittens and my hands are never cold even in the coldest weather, (I'm 68 and have circulation issues in my finger and toe tips).

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by HighwayHum72 View Post
    Hello, I've been searching around the webs looking at some heated gear, mostly for a nice glove that will give a nice snug, sporty fit with technology that keeps the freeze out of the fingers. Any body have any experience with heated gloves? Thanks.

hey ron: how's it going? had a pair of Gerbing and absolutely HATED them. why? extremely bulky.....heat settings inconsistent....when hot were like pizza ovens and actually burned....the wiring looms/harnesses/sockets and terminal plug was more trouble than the whole contraption was worth. used like 3X and ditched them. it was the wiring running everywhere i hated the most. ricky is right when done correctly they're warm as hell but too much work. quality pair of heated grips like bikemaster hard to beat and a pretty easy buell install. if you want to try the glove thing go low-priced just in case your disappointment parallels mine.

I ride ALLOT in the winter and have several sets. The one I prefer are branded with the Victory logo, not sure of the original supplier to Victory but they are well made and get so hot they can burn your knuckles if you leave it on max. Polaris is clearing out the Victory brand stuff cheap, I bought a second set for about $60 on clearance, not sure what they have left.

Welcome to Chat GPT everyone