Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lower Bar Options

Lower Bar Options

Hey guys,

I have an 07 XB12SS. Been doing some small modifications this winter (Subframe spacers, single round headlight conversion, etc...). Wanting some lower bars, but don't really want to go all the way to clubmans (I've owned a couple really uncomfortable sport bikes: Daytona 675. CBR 600). I think the Crossroads would be about perfect, but they are EXPENSIVE! Is there something similar in height to the crossroads at a more reasonable price?

Thanks

I like the Ricky Charmical Ultralows.

You could also use a Firebolt Upper triple. The clip-ons are slightly lower than the crossroads conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I like the Ricky Charmical Ultralows.

You could also use a Firebolt Upper triple. The clip-ons are slightly lower than the crossroads conversion.
    Thanks for the info.

How hard is the upper triple swap? Is it a straight swap or is there some machine work involved?

R&R

You may need cables, depending on your routing preference.

He may have cheap parts for you:
    http://www.buellxb.com/forum/showthr...-2005-Part-Out

My '09 XB12Ss had Crossroads bars on it when I bought it. I switched them out after they were bent in a tip over in my garage a couple of years ago. I decided to go with Renthal Ultralows and am very happy. They are a bit higher than the Crossroads, but I actually prefer that. If you are looking for more of a low, clipon feel then you probably want to go with a different option. But, Cooter's advice about cables is spot on. Make sure to do some research about what cables work best with whatever handlebars you choose. In the case of the Crossroads, they worked better on the XB12Ss using Firebolt cables instead of Lightning ones as I recall. And, routing the cables with the Crossroads was a pain to get a clean look and not have any throttle binding at full lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    R&R

You may need cables, depending on your routing preference.

He may have cheap parts for you:
    http://www.buellxb.com/forum/showthr...-2005-Part-Out
    Thanks for the link!

Quote Originally Posted by submax View Post
    My '09 XB12Ss had Crossroads bars on it when I bought it. I switched them out after they were bent in a tip over in my garage a couple of years ago. I decided to go with Renthal Ultralows and am very happy. They are a bit higher than the Crossroads, but I actually prefer that. If you are looking for more of a low, clipon feel then you probably want to go with a different option. But, Cooter's advice about cables is spot on. Make sure to do some research about what cables work best with whatever handlebars you choose. In the case of the Crossroads, they worked better on the XB12Ss using Firebolt cables instead of Lightning ones as I recall. And, routing the cables with the Crossroads was a pain to get a clean look and not have any throttle binding at full lock.
    Thanks for the advice! do you have a picture of your bike with the Ultralows on it?

Also does anyone know the stock XB12ss handle bar specs? I tried googling but couldn't find them. It would be nice to know what the rise and pullback numbers are so I can compare them to other options.

I'll take a pic tonight and post if for you.

Not sure about the handlebar specs. And, not sure if this website is helpful for getting exact numbers, but it is fun to play with and might give you and idea of what different handlebar configurations will look like compared to stock. Note that you can adjust handlebar rise and pullback in the "Vehicle Customization" tab.

http://cycle-ergo.com/

Don't know if these are helpful or not, but here you go.

IMG-1702.jpgIMG-1703.jpgIMG-1704.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by submax View Post
    Don't know if these are helpful or not, but here you go.

IMG-1702.jpgIMG-1703.jpgIMG-1704.jpg
    Super helpful! Thanks so much, and thanks for the link! I'll play around with that today.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast