Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lower Bar Options

Anyone run aftermarket clip ons? Considering running something with a small rise (like the woodcraft clip ons).

I'm assuming anyone that has, mounts them BELOW the upper triple clamp? Mounting them above would probably be a more optimal seating position for me, but I'm concerned that lowering the front end that much (from raising the forks in the clamp) would really mess with the front end handling (I believe lowering the front end makes the bike turn in sharper, but more twitchy at speed, is that correct?)

I wouldn't lower it that much, even if you could lower the rear to match. it's just so far out of spec on a bike with the most severe rake/trail already!

The fireboat upper triple will work and seems to be about the same height as the woodcraft riser clip-on's. and higher and just get bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I wouldn't lower it that much, even if you could lower the rear to match. it's just so far out of spec on a bike with the most severe rake/trail already!

The fireboat upper triple will work and seems to be about the same height as the woodcraft riser clip-on's. and higher and just get bars.
    Ok cool, that's what I was wondering. So for aftermarket clip ons, the best bet is to run them below the triple clamp with a bit of a rise. Or just use firebolt clip ons.

Still having trouble finding a decent deal on firebolt clip ons and triple clamp which is why I've been looking into aftermarket.

I installed some LSL Superbike Low bars on my '08 XB12Ss and it's certainly an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesozoic View Post
    I installed some LSL Superbike Low bars on my '08 XB12Ss and it's certainly an improvement.
    Got any pics of them on your bike?

At this time I'm more considering aftermarket clip ons or Firebolt upper and clip ons, but if I can't make either of those work cheaply enough, I may go with the "budget" option of lower bars.

Thanks

I think I have an extra set of un-installed clip-ons for the EBR, I'll have to check the size when I get back to the shop tomorrow but I think they're the same. PM me if you're interested

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I think I have an extra set of un-installed clip-ons for the EBR, I'll have to check the size when I get back to the shop tomorrow but I think they're the same. PM me if you're interested
    Pm on it's way!

Some shots of my bike with LSL Superbike Low bars in black steel. Don't mind the missing left frame puck... it was obliterated in a horrible high side I suffered.

IMG_20180110_202557.jpg
    IMG_20180110_202350.jpg

87 mustang?

Quote Originally Posted by GregoXB View Post
    87 mustang?
    LOL, no it's an '89 5.0L LX Sport (hatchback).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast