Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lower Bar Options

Those LX were awesome sleepers back in the day

The bars look good too

Quote Originally Posted by Mesozoic View Post
    LOL, no it's an '89 5.0L LX Sport (hatchback).
    Have you done anything to it?

I'm a car guy as well (79 Corvette)

LOL, no it's an '89 5.0L LX Sport (hatchback).
    Those 80s mustangs were so quirky, but they grow on you. Sort of like a Buell lol

Quote Originally Posted by modrummer View Post
    Have you done anything to it?

I'm a car guy as well (79 Corvette)
    It looks stock, but it's obviously not. It's got massive brakes on 17" wheels as even stock these cars were too powerful for their braking capabilities. Tubular front subframe, stock geometry-ish. Lowered, with upgraded springs and shocks. Panhard bar rear suspension, Truetrac LSD in 8.8 axle with 3.31 gears. Dart Iron Eagle block bored 0.030" over, SRP slugs @ 8.5:1, ported Victor Jr heads with big 2.08"/1.60" valves, Crane roller cam, billet steel rods, forged crank, Kenne Bell supercharged and EDIS8 (no distributor), factory EEC-IV control, but tuned. Roughly 750 hp w/methanol injection going into a Tremec 3550 5-speed manual trans. Functional A/C!

It looks stock, but it's obviously not. It's got massive brakes on 17" wheels as even stock these cars were too powerful for their braking capabilities. Tubular front subframe, stock geometry-ish. Lowered, with upgraded springs and shocks. Panhard bar rear suspension, Truetrac LSD in 8.8 axle with 3.31 gears. Dart Iron Eagle block bored 0.030" over, SRP slugs @ 8.5:1, ported Victor Jr heads with big 2.08"/1.60" valves, Crane roller cam, billet steel rods, forged crank, Kenne Bell supercharged and EDIS8 (no distributor), factory EEC-IV control, but tuned. Roughly 750 hp w/methanol injection going into a Tremec 3550 5-speed manual trans. Functional A/C!

That is sick man! And glad to see you did it the right way, too many guys with old muscle cars are all about making power and neglect proper suspension and brakes (and rubber! Good tires make a world of difference on an old car). Got any more pictures of it?

You would run rings around my vette. It's a 79 with aluminum 18" wheels, lowered on fiberglass springs with Bilstein sport shocks all around, upgraded pads and rebult calipers (stock C3 Brakes are big 4-piston calipers front and rear and are actually pretty dang good by todays standards). Motor is a 350 I built in my garage. 4-bolt main block bored .030 over, 9.5:1 compression, Brodix IK200 aluminum heads, Vic Jr, intake, Lunati 268 cam. Transmission is the stock 4-speed (Muncie M-21). Rear end is a 3.55:1 chevy 10 bolt with all ARP bolts and HD half shafts and Spicer solid u-joints (the cheapest way I could make the 10 bolt hold up at the 400 ish horsepower level). And then I have about 400 pounds in weight loss mods which made as much difference as the suspension and new tires haha.

20170823_165109.jpg

Those are nice. I love the side pipes on the older Vettes. Incidentally, I had to run side pipes on my '89 Mustang to clear the rear suspension modifications and they don't look great. LOL

My local old skool muffler shop had a set on the wall forever! They had red heat shields with "Budweiser" cut out and the legit AB logo. Super sweet, I always wanted to put them on a 70's 1/4 ton Chevy box van. Maybe even porthole windows in the back. Full Cheech and Chong....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123