Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buell XB ----how long can we keep em running?

My '08 Ss is the only vehicle I have ever purchased new and I don't intend to get rid of it, ever... as long as I can help it.

Back in the 70's I was quite into Triumphs and Nortons. The Tridents and Commandos I owned were only a couple of years old and parts supply was pretty erratic. I eventually moved onto Ducatis and now Buells but have rekindled my attachment to 70's British iron with a 71 Trident and a 71 BSA Firebird. Forty years on, amazingly there are more parts now than ever before due to the aftermarket industry stepping up to meet the demand. Not only that, many parts have been upgraded with modern tech like electronic ignitions, cnc machined low volume part runs etc. So long as there are Buells and Buell enthusiasts, there will alway be a ready parts supply and a band of tinkerers linked by the web that will keep them running. Imagine if we had the internet back in the 70's with forums and bike sites dedicated to Tridents. Cheers, Stu

My first bike legally drive in NYC, was a 68, 250 Yamaha two stroke, my second bike was a 1970, 650 Bonnie bought brand new in Brooklyn NY at Cardinal motorcycles, so I know the love of which you speak !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12