Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Maybe buy '09 1125CR: questions

R0022A.3AM (Buell 1125 Clutch cover Assembly w/ needle)

Q0428.3AM Water pump shaft
    CB0028.1AM Thrust Washer
    E0015.1AM Needle Bushing (not needed if you buy the cover, it should already be installed)
    Q0430.3AM Oil Seal
    Q0431.3AM Rotary Seal

Yes to re-using the impeller unless it's damaged. They're cheap enough, I'd just get a new one.

An additional set of tools that may be "helpful" are in this list. I didn't use them myself, just a small press and the correct diameter hunk of aluminum.
    WATER PUMP SEAL INSTALLER BASE TOOL (B-49141-4)
    WATER PUMP OIL SEAL INSTALLER {B-49141-2)
    WATER PUMP WATER SEAL INSTALLER (B-49141-3)

I don't have any discounts running at this time.

Thanks Dean. I seem to have avoided having to do the entire clutch cover gasket replacement by smearing a small amount of Permatex Right Stuff into the interface (you can't even see it after I cleaned it up). After looking at the gasket itself I can see that the area in which it is leaking is one side of a cell that houses an oil passage or something. I reckon at some stage the cover really needed to be retorqued and nobody ever did that, so it blew. I have all tha parts on hand if it does ever resurface, but it seems to be holding up for now.

I've replaced the clutch slave cylinder using an Oberon part and that appears to be fixed now. I can't believe how powerful these bikes are, it's straight insane.

The 1190 models have +40 more hp in stock form. I'm on my 4th one now but just took delivery of another 1125 a few weeks ago and am slowly rebuilding it. That one's getting a frame swap, all bearings being cleaned and greased, new wheels & tires, bodywork, etc.

I can't imagine myself with another 40 hp. I can barely hang onto this thing at full boogie, but I am coming from riding an XB which is considerably slower in terms of acceleration. I've still not managed to reach the redline at full throttle on the 1125.

Mine carries the front wheel off the ground through 4th. I'm just a bit shy of 250 lbs and have to get up over the airbox to keep it from going much higher than a foot above ground. Can't really hit it until it's above 7k rpm or it will flip since I can't ride wheelies to save my life.

Quote Originally Posted by d_adams View Post
    Mine carries the front wheel off the ground through 4th. I'm just a bit shy of 250 lbs and have to get up over the airbox to keep it from going much higher than a foot above ground. Can't really hit it until it's above 7k rpm or it will flip since I can't ride wheelies to save my life.
    LOL, I'm in the same boat... I mountain bike a bit and wheelie for short periods of time to clear obstacles, but the 1125 is something entirely else... far more violent. I'm fairly certain, after having built and driven many powerful machines (mostly cars), that the 1125 will easily hit 170 mph without much effort at all... if you're willing.

Wow. This is the issue I've been having. My leak doesn't even seem as bad as the one in the video... Found this thread searching for the timing pin, which I don't even need! Mr. Adams, sir, as usual, you rock! 😎

Quote Originally Posted by Mesozoic View Post
    I mountain bike a bit.
    What bike do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    What bike do you have?
    Too many bikes. For regular during-the-week exercise I use a Commencal Meta AM cromo hardtail. Occasionally during my mid-week loop and usually over the weekend I'll ride my Norco Fluid LT. If I hit the park for some lift-assisted DH or have a fire road that makes it easier to climb I'll rock my Devinci Ollie.

Another mountain biker? My best days are MTB ride in the AM, followed by Buelling it afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesozoic View Post
    Too many bikes. For regular during-the-week exercise I use a Commencal Meta AM cromo hardtail. Occasionally during my mid-week loop and usually over the weekend I'll ride my Norco Fluid LT. If I hit the park for some lift-assisted DH or have a fire road that makes it easier to climb I'll rock my Devinci Ollie.

Another mountain biker? My best days are MTB ride in the AM, followed by Buelling it afterwards.
    I ride a Pivot 429 Trail and have an old steel single speed I've had forever... running 34:19.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast