Thread: 2010 XB12XT what is required to attain better steering lock of the 2008+ X model?

2010 XB12XT what is required to attain better steering lock of the 2008+ X model?

My XB12XT has the small tight steering lock of the earlier X Uly models.
    The 2008+ X Ulysses have a more generous steering lock to cope with rougher riding conditions.

I'd like to know if I can retrofit the X model parts required to my XT and increase the steering lock.

Which parts are required to effect the change?
    I've not found the info required with the search function, (I'm computer inept) blaming advancing years.

If there are any members here who have successfully made this conversion, please share your experience.
    Thanks, look forward to changing as soon as possible, provided parts are available.

cheers,
    richo

I think, the x triple clamps are the major difference. I know they have a larger fork diameter than the xt. 48mm over 43mm. I believe the forks sit a bit further forward to allow more room for a higher degree of steering lock

I'm further advanced now, thanks.

Need to buy....
    1 x J0105.3AKZT top triple clamp, black
    and
    1 x J0105.3AKZT lower triple clamp, black

Anyone have a set of these for sale, used or new? Or point me in the right direction. St. Paul HD don't list them.

cheers,
    richo

Just because SPHDONLINE.COM does not list them doesn't mean Lance can't get them. Call him.

Thanks, the premium on freight from SPHDONLINE.COM is weighty for Australian customers.
    I'll order through my local dealer here in Australia provided they're available. It will likely be quicker and cheaper.
    Last edited by richo; 01-18-2018 at 07:34 PM.

I bought AN 2005/2006 model. Are there adjustment sets For beter steering lock? And a how to with pictures (i love pictures)?
    Last edited by Waver1971; 01-18-2018 at 02:32 PM.

Theres no adjustment for more or less lock. Check to make sure the wiring harness that goes past the steering neck isn't in the way (or damaged). Other than that, the upper and lower triples can be changed to the later (08-up). Check the part numbers above to make sure it's what you need.

Okay thanx

update.

Ordered parts from local Tasmanian HD dealer.
    They arrived 5 days ago and fitted this morning.
    Perfect result. Exactly what was needed to improve the lock and manoeuvring in tight situations..
    The slight increase in wheelbase maybe helps a little with stability on rough roads.
    A worthwhile and affordable improvement.

Still wondering about the difference in fork tube diameter between the 08+ X & XT ?