Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fitting an EBR Air Box Cover to a Buell XB

Quote Originally Posted by Chicknstripn View Post
    For shame!
    You don’t like the Buell/EBR brake set up for the track?!
    You’re not a real Buell enthusiast!
    Lmfao Carlos, I'm sure I'm gonna get shunned for this one but I literally HATE the whole front brake setup on these things, on the street or the track. Looks cool as fu@k though.

Thanks for sharing this mate, I'm just following your instructions and will use my 3D print instead of the wood.
    More pictures soon.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/vx1c1gbab3....56-1.jpg?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/n30yaqph6m...28.14.jpg?dl=0

Thats super cool TPEHAK.

I just realized I didn't post up what mine looked like with the carbon fiber base. I'll post some pictures soon.

TPEHAK takes some flak around here (in my limited experience) (sometimes for good reason) but this is awesome and it's cool to see yall givin him props where it's due.

now then, i'm dying for a cherry bomb, no-cityX-X airbox cover and they seem almost impossible to find (only one i've found is used and cracked, on ebay).
    You can't 3d print translucent acrylic yet, right?

could you 3d print a 'buck' around which to form a sheet of acrylic, however? were these vacuum molded originally? i have no idea....

it would be cool if this kind of a model could be used to make custom/new 'translucid' jawns (hint hint)

Banned
    There are some translucent filament for extrusion 3D printers, but it will not look completely clear and will not be good enough. The best looking filament in my experience should be not clear and has matte finish. Glossy will not look good too. Ideally you should print it from robust plastic, sand it, prime it and paint it to make it looks perfect. Also to print the airbox cover as one piece you will need huge 3D printer.

If you want to vacuum form acrylic around 3D printed plug it might work, but I would CNC plug and necessary tools out of piece of wood instead of using 3D printed plastic plug because of it will not be heat resistant tool and will not survive multiple times.
    Last edited by TPEHAK; 07-27-2018 at 04:30 AM.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by sinikl View Post
    TPEHAK takes some flak around here (in my limited experience) (sometimes for good reason) but this is awesome and it's cool to see yall givin him props where it's due.

now then, i'm dying for a cherry bomb, no-cityX-X airbox cover and they seem almost impossible to find (only one i've found is used and cracked, on ebay).
    You can't 3d print translucent acrylic yet, right?

could you 3d print a 'buck' around which to form a sheet of acrylic, however? were these vacuum molded originally? i have no idea....

it would be cool if this kind of a model could be used to make custom/new 'translucid' jawns (hint hint)
    TEABAG is an idiot and a troll. don't empower him.
    and you're still "dying" for a cherry bomb airbox cover w/out X-badging? ORDER ONE for Gods' sakes. gave you ALL the available factory part #'s weeks ago on here. in system.

You know what, John takes the time and finds you the part numbers and if it is still available and you haven't even ordered the part.
    Why did you waste his time? Sinikl you are an idiot to.
    Last edited by rchuff; 07-28-2018 at 12:59 AM.

This friggin place makes me wanna sell my buell some days

Why's everyone so mad?

Go for a fast ride on your Buell, get home safely, open the fridge, THEN post

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast