Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 07 XB12SS Build

Quote Originally Posted by modrummer View Post
    No, she kept them in tact. If yours and mine are the same, they are only about 1/4" thick and maybe 3/4" long, so pretty easy to hide inside the band. I can get better pictures tonight if you want, but it's pretty flat and I can barely notice it on my wrist.

I LOVE it so far. Having the wristband key was the best part so far. It's cool being keyless, but the first couple rides I had the blue fob in my jacket pocket which was kind of a pain if I stopped anywhere because the process was then: take off gloves, unzip pocket, scan key fob, zip pocket back up, gloves back on. Now the process is way shorter: wave wrist over tank (where the RFID receiver is).

Plus in my case with a non-stock front end, it is much cleaner not having a keyed ignition sticking out anywhere.

If you do install it and get lost anywhere, let me know and I'll take pictures. Since it looks like we have a very similar kit, I can probably just show you where I connected what wires.

I definitely want to get a keyless gas cap now though... anyone know of any inexpensive ones? All I can find are $100+... or is there a simple way to make the stock gascap keyless? Been trying to brainstorm that, but all I can think of is cutting down the stock key and welding a small "grip" piece on it so I can just turn it to unlock it.

Sounds like we are on the same page with the keyless. We probably do have the same kit, but probably in different packaging. I was under the impression that the fobs were more "substantial" than they are, but thats OK.

Did you just glue the RFID received loop under the tank cover? I'd doing something different than a Buell right now, so I need to be creative.

For the "keyless gas cap" I think you are on the right course with the cut down key. If it was me, I'd go to a locksmith and get a generic "Ilco" key and work with that. Maybe dip the "handle" in plastic dip to make it look a bit more pro.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Buell-Blast...-/272189579640

Last edited by 34nineteen; 03-26-2018 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Sounds like we are on the same page with the keyless. We probably do have the same kit, but probably in different packaging. I was under the impression that the fobs were more "substantial" than they are, but thats OK.

Did you just glue the RFID received loop under the tank cover? I'd doing something different than a Buell right now, so I need to be creative.

For the "keyless gas cap" I think you are on the right course with the cut down key. If it was me, I'd go to a locksmith and get a generic "Ilco" key and work with that. Maybe dip the "handle" in plastic dip to make it look a bit more pro.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Buell-Blast...-/272189579640

So I have a modified airbox on my bike (basically all the plastic cut out, just the filter topper remains). Which means there is a couple inches of room between the top of the filter and the underside of the airbox cover. So I found a piece of plastic in my garage and JB Plastic Welded it to the top of the filter cover, and then Plastic Welded the RFID sensor pickup piece to the top of that, and put the airbox cover back on. So now I just wave that wrist band over the tank area (works as long as it's about an inch above the surface or less).

Thanks for the key link! I'll probably play around with this idea a bit. Thankfully I have a welder, so I feel like I can make it work.

Then I just need to figure out a clean way to make the seat release keyless so I can be 100% key free!

Ok got the Firebolt Upper Triple clamp and bars mounted up. It was raining pretty hard so I haven't gotten to test ride it with them yet and compare with the fork clip ons. But I think they are gonna be what I was looking for, they are slightly higher and the bar angle is a little more what I was wanting.

20180328_180331.jpg

20180328_195310.jpg

20180328_202039.jpg

Looks good, but your gas cap is upside down....

Quote Originally Posted by oh9bolt View Post
    Looks good, but your gas cap is upside down....

Nah, the picture is just upside down, do a handstand while looking at your computer and it's just right

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678