Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 07 XB12SS Build

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Thats right. You can carefully take the wire out of the plastic loop to fit it somewhere like the handlebar control switch box.
    Ok so question for you, does the RFID stay on when you swipe it until you swipe it again? Or is it ONLY on when the tag is within range (an inch or so away)?

I thought it was on when you swiped it and stayed on until you swiped it again, however the cheap little RFID kit that I got last week is only on when the tag is within an inch or so of the antenna, otherwise it is off. But the way you described it, it sounded like the RFID relay stays on after you swipe your tag until you swipe your tag again, so maybe this kind of relay works differently.

Just trying to figure out where I want to mount the reciever (antenna) piece. If it's on my bars, I feel like I would accidentally be turning the relay on and off while I"m riding if my RFID tag is in my glove or on a bracelet or something. But maybe I'm misunderstanding.
    Last edited by modrummer; 03-08-2018 at 07:21 PM.

You are fixated that the RFID chip turns the bike on and off. No. With this system, it does not activate the ignition, start the bike, or anything motorcycle related. Because of exactly the concerns you have. Just like any car with a factory push button start, removing the key/chip from the proximity of the car will not shut it off.

The chip is simply the security code that 'dis-arms/ unlocks' the RFID systems box. Nothing will happen except a light will turn on (on the button) telling you that pressing that button will now do something because you unlocked it with the RFID coded chip.

The button is the only thing that will control the ignition (and starting) of the motorcycle. You physically press the button to turn it on or off, nothing you do with the RFID chip will ever change the ignition state of the bike.

So... once the RFID chip is near the activation loop, the RFID systems box is 'unlocked' and any further RFID chip activity is ignored until the RFID systems box is locked again (by turning off the motorcycle via the push button).
    Last edited by Cooter; 03-08-2018 at 08:21 PM.

Features:
    1. One push button to start / stop the engine.
    2. RFID engine lock. In arming mode, when the key gets close to the detection circle(about 2-5cm), the system will sound Bi Bi, which indicates the system is disarmed. Otherwise, the start button will not work.
    3. Open acoustics and dashboard function.
    4. Automatically lock the host after stalling 35 seconds.
    5. Immobilizer, with warded lock card anti-theft function, the system will enter arming mode after 15 seconds automatically when car is stopped.
    6. Can be matched your car alarm system or keyless entry system.
    7. Suitable for all kinds of cars.
    8. Easy to install and remove.

So be sure to listen for the "Bi Bi"

Chinglish = hilarity. Good times!

You are fixated that the RFID chip turns the bike on and off. No. With this system, it does not activate the ignition, start the bike, or anything motorcycle related. Because of exactly the concerns you have. Just like any car with a factory push button start, removing the key/chip from the proximity of the car will not shut it off.

The chip is simply the security code that 'dis-arms/ unlocks' the RFID systems box. Nothing will happen except a light will turn on (on the button) telling you that pressing that button will now do something because you unlocked it with the RFID coded chip.

The button is the only thing that will control the ignition (and starting) of the motorcycle. You physically press the button to turn it on or off, nothing you do with the RFID chip will ever change the ignition state of the bike.

So... once the RFID chip is near the activation loop, the RFID systems box is 'unlocked' and any further RFID chip activity is ignored until the RFID systems box is locked again (by turning off the motorcycle via the push button).
    So I probably explained that poorly, I was not meaning that the chip turns the BIKE on and off, just the RFID relay. Essentially when the relay is "on" the starter button is unlocked, and when the relay is "off" the starter button is locked again.

So what I was trying to ask is: when you bring the chip into proximity of the antenna, the starter button unlocks. When the chip is out of proximity of the antenna, does the starter button lock again? Since the antenna only has about a 1" range, this would be rather inconvenient, but I've seen reference to RFID systems that come on once the chip is brought into proximity (swiped) and then stays on until it's "Swiped" again. The cheap RFID relay I had last week is only on when the chip is touching the antenna, so I think it confused me on how that would work.

I'm sure it will make more sense tonight once I start playing with it, just hard to wrap my mind around how that would work in a real world situation.

It sounds like from your description that once you unlock the starter button, it will stay unlocked until you turn the bike off (I'm assuming the RFID knows that the bike is running by using the oil pressure/cam/crank sensor). Which would work perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Features:
    1. One push button to start / stop the engine.
    2. RFID engine lock. In arming mode, when the key gets close to the detection circle(about 2-5cm), the system will sound Bi Bi, which indicates the system is disarmed. Otherwise, the start button will not work.
    3. Open acoustics and dashboard function.
    4. Automatically lock the host after stalling 35 seconds.
    5. Immobilizer, with warded lock card anti-theft function, the system will enter arming mode after 15 seconds automatically when car is stopped.
    6. Can be matched your car alarm system or keyless entry system.
    7. Suitable for all kinds of cars.
    8. Easy to install and remove.

So be sure to listen for the "Bi Bi"
    Ha! That is almost exactly the same instructions that came with mine. They were clearly copied from the same source and then slightly modified.

The chip is simply the security code that 'dis-arms/ unlocks' the RFID systems box. It does not 'lock' the box in proximity or not Nothing will happen except a light will turn on (on the button) telling you that pressing that button will now do something because you unlocked it with the RFID coded chip.

The button is the only thing that will control the ignition (and starting) of the motorcycle. You physically press the button to turn it on or off, nothing you do with the RFID chip will ever change the ignition state of the bike.Nothing you do with the chip will change the state of the box either

and any further RFID chip activity is ignored until the RFID systems box is locked again (by turning off the motorcycle via the push button).

This is my experience with the RFID system that I bought (also from China), so theres no guarantees. But all of it makes sense, because the worries you have about the RFID chip inadvertently turning something on and off are obvious and dealt with in the programming of the module.

The RFID chip should unlock the systems box. Period.

It should not lock the systems box or do anything other than just unlock the box and be ignored because all it does is unlock the box.

You can't unlock something thats already unlocked, and why would you lock the ability to turn off something thats running !?!

Dude, hook it up and play with it.

Ok some progress made. Just wired up the 12v line and ground (and brake line) to test how the system works. Makes so much more sense now! The reason for my confusion is that this RFID operates differently from the cheap one I got earlier in that once unlocked it stays unlocked until the vehicle is stopped.

So now my question moves onto wiring. See attached for the wiring notes from the manual. The red, yellow, and black wire are straight forward. Where should I hook up Brown white and blue? Also, I noticed none of these are for the oil pressure sensor, so I'm curious how the RFID knows if the bike is running.20180310_124417.jpg

20180310_124439.jpg

Which kit did you get? Your instructions are different than mine, but the units appear to be the same?

Ok so I got it 90% figured out. Have it all test wired up to the bike, and I can make it operate perfectly if I use the "push to start button" that came with the kit, but when I try to wire the yellow start button on my handlebar in place of the "push to start" button, no go. Simple issue, but I've checked the buell wiring diagram multiple times and it seems like I'm using the correct wires.

So which wires should be the two that I tie into from the stock starter button ? From my reading, it should be the red/black and white/black wires from the right hand controls.

Edit: this is the wires from the "push to start" button, so where should the red and blue wires attach ?

20180311_213138.jpg

Last edited by modrummer; 03-12-2018 at 02:41 AM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast