Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new year, new bike, new build

hey there. Sorry, got your email but wasn't sure how to reply at the time and forgot to reply. Beside whats in the manual I'm not really sure. I have never really had to adjust or modify them. I am planning on making new ones for this new bike though and was just planning on setting them to the same length as current.

what are you building?

building an X1, it came to me in boxes, the tie bar assemblies have been disassembled by previous owner, nothing in the manual about adjusting the tie bar assembly, it says they are adjusted at the factory.

Do you know where I might find adjustment info?

got ya. I am not really sure on the adjustment. I would probably start with adjusting them even and assemble. Then spin the tire with the belt on and see if its running true. And then adjust from there. As far as how much pressure needs to be applied all i can say is I can remove the bolts and re-assembly easily without issue so there is not much pressure on them. They are just keeping the engine aligned like a panhard bar on the rearend of a car.

projects going slow as im busy with other things, just put it up on the top shelf in the garage as i needed room for something else. Hope to be picking up the Scg forks for it shortly and have mocked up the new wheels and designing the pulley for it. Thinking of stuffing a 2009 XB9 engine it this one with a big bore to make it an 1050. We will see.

Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12