Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying a Buell in 2018

Buying a Buell in 2018

Hello any and all Buell owners! I have loved these bikes for years but just never had the chance to purchase one. An '09 XB12R with 3000 miles and pristine condition has popped up at a dealer near me and I am so close to pulling the trigger on it. My big question is, would you all recommend getting into Buell this late in the game? Are parts drying up or becoming overpriced? how is your long term reliability and dealer support after almost a decade? I am pretty handy with a wrench; oil changes, valve adjustments that kind of stuff, so will I be able to tough it out? Thanks!

Sounds like a good deal 09 is a great yr., easy to work on ! How much?? of course pics !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am exited for you .LOL

Broly, These are pretty reliable bikes, oil changes are straightforward, and valve lash is hydraulic. HD, supposedly, will be carrying parts, HD of St Paul seems to be the best for parts. I'm on my third - tube frame ('96 ST2), 1125CR, and currently an XB12Scg. Only problem is pricing - it's all over the place, with Scg for instance listed for $3500 to over $5000; I paid $3800 for mine with 4300 miles. Good luck

I just pirchased my first Buell this past weekend. It is a 2009 XB12SCG with 2400 miles all stock for $3000.00 and I just bought all carbon fiber body panels and chopped the tail. The only issue is a small dent in the header pipe. It sat in a body shop for years so I have been scrubbing grime and overspray off.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's a nice looking bike, and in the sought after blue !

Good luck with it.

Many parts can be purchased down at your local automotive parts store, there is no shortage with the possible exception of the front engine mount but, some members are working on that. If you don't want to buy the bike, post it up here and I'm sure one the guys will pick it up but, you'll be sorry you let it slip through your fingers !

Well hussey looks like I am in good company then! They want 3900, and there is also an xb12s nearby about the same mileage and price. The parts were the thing scaring me the most but I figure with a Harley Sportster engine they shouldn't be that rare. Thanks! You guys have given me some good info here, I am going to visit her in a day or two and maybe come home with a new bae. I'll get a pic soon!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Both the above bikes look like good deals, I really like the Blue SCG !!

I like them both !

Just buy it man!! I am new to the Buell world too but i would never go back to soleless jap bikes. If you have never ridden one i would suggest doing so & if you arnt smiling from ear to ear in the first few klms of twistys then maybe its not the bike for you. Don't worry about parts supply, theirs heaps out there on the net & they are so easy to work on with heaps of help from the Buell family on here. I have owned over 10 bikes of all different brands but this XB12ss is one that will stay with me forever.

Quote Originally Posted by SSJ4 Broly View Post
    Well hussey looks like I am in good company then! They want 3900, and there is also an xb12s nearby about the same mileage and price. The parts were the thing scaring me the most but I figure with a Harley Sportster engine they shouldn't be that rare. Thanks! You guys have given me some good info here, I am going to visit her in a day or two and maybe come home with a new bae. I'll get a pic soon!
    Keep in mind that the bike in your picture has a GPR stabilizer on it already as well....that's worth (even used) $300 or more alone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast