Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: XB12SS Halogen to Leds worth doing?

Hi Mick, Marcel here. A set will cost EUR 299,- and shipping is max EUR 25,-.
    This includes everything and the light is equipped with a light sensor so you only ride with Low beam when it gets dark.
    All the other time you ride with DRL (can all be adjusted). And of course the lamp is plug and play! I think the waiting time is now about 4 to 6 weeks.
    The output of the light is the same as Xenon and there is also a sharp cut off so you won't blind oncoming traffic. The is no ballast needed, and no alteration to your bike.
    Just remove the old light and install the new one. That's all

Ps. Below is the new version of the lamp.

IMG_2354.jpg
    IMG_1212.jpgIMG_1211.jpgIMG_1215.jpgIMG_1931.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Thats a great link, thanks. How long have you had them so far? I'm curious about the longevity of LED's.
    >>>How long have you had them so far?<<<

I've had the low beam H7 in for a couple of years. Before that I installed their H4 on my Suzuki DR650. That bike goes out into several State and National Forests on a regular basis, (fair amount of pounding) and has been working great. http://stores.advmonster.com/h4-r3-led-headlight/

>>>I'm curious about the longevity of LED's.<<<

They claim 30,000 hours but who knows. Heat is one of the main semiconductor killers. The mesh braid heat sink appears to be working well.

LED bulbs have three heat sink options, mesh, aluminum fin and fan. I made the decision not to go with a fan. Though probably reliable there is no way they'll last as long as the LED, especially on the dirt bike. An aluminum fin heat sink will make for a neater installation but I couldn't find one as good as Advmonster's.

Thanks for the reply Marcel. I am in Australia, would you send me a set out here? What would cost all up in Australian dollars. How would we do the transaction? Paypal?

@ XB Mick, no problem! Of course I can also send to Australia, and that would max out the shipping, so the total costs will be EUR 324,- a quick google learned me that that is around 509 Australian dollar. Payment is via Paypal. Let me know if I should put you on the waiting list!

Could i have your direct email please Marcel.

pm send

I have dual DDM Tuning Saber LEDs in my XB12Ss stock headlamp enclosure. Very bright, very good lights. Very durable too... and cheap!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12