Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Harley closing KC factory

Quote Originally Posted by modrummer View Post
    Hey now, I didn't say anything about the PEOPLE who drive Teslas hehehe. I won't vouch for them haha. Too many people with custom license plates to show how "green" they are.

I've never really been interested in the "green" side of electric cars, I'm a performance enthusiast at heart (have an old hot rodded corvette, and obviously the Buell), and the Teslas have just appealed to me on the performance and feasibility side.

Deal! Have fun with that aftermarket fuel tank that somehow holds 15 gallons on your Buell so you can ride for 600 miles
    No worries. There are many gas stations in the vicinity with 93 octane. I'll go for 220+ miles fill the tank in 60 seconds and go for another 220miles. Instead of eating subway, I will enjoy a home cooked meal run by a local family who has a dinner notched out into the side of the mountain, no charging stations around there, so sorry.

I know this thread has gotten a little out of hand, but just to some up where we are at:

modrummer's main position is that he (or she i don't know) thinks that electric motorcycles will have the versatility, range and as many charging/fueling stations as a combustion motorcycle in about 1-2 years.
    GregoXB's point is that electric motorcycle will not have that versatility for another 10-20 years, if ever.

Quote Originally Posted by GregoXB View Post
    No worries. There are many gas stations in the vicinity with 93 octane. I'll go for 220+ miles fill the tank in 60 seconds and go for another 220miles. Instead of eating subway, I will enjoy a home cooked meal run by a local family who has a dinner notched out into the side of the mountain, no charging stations around there, so sorry.

I know this thread has gotten a little out of hand, but just to some up where we are at:

modrummer's main position is that he (or she i don't know) thinks that electric motorcycles will have the versatility, range and as many charging/fueling stations as a combustion motorcycle in about 1-2 years.
    GregoXB's point is that electric motorcycle will not have that versatility for another 10-20 years, if ever.
    HAHA! Ok and this is where I leave the thread. At NO point did I say that electric bikes (or cars) would have as many charging stations as gas stations. I stated Multiple times that electric vehicles have come a LONG way and have similar range as combustion engined vehicles with very reasonable recharge times (30-45 minutes). It was an interesting debate, but I'd rather cut it off before it starts to get more childish.

Have a good one man

Quote Originally Posted by modrummer View Post
    Actually I'd be shocked if that technology wasn't around in the next year or two.
    Wow, so sad you forgot what you said less than 24 hours ago.

I really should have known better to get into it with you. My mistake.

You both are pretty passionate and you both have valid points. Theres no 'free' in energy. In the heart of the urban sprawl I live in, I know quite a few people that have electric only vehicles. Every one of them has another vehicle as well. They aren't for me, but who knows? Them little Fiats are pretty quick (up to 65) but I'd have to tint the heck out of the windows and park waaaay down the block

I also had a friends Testla P90D (the one with dual motors) give me quite the run while I was on my CR!! #Respect! I honestly see 30+ of them every single day. From Cali to Florida. I'm impressed just from the point of the sheer cost of them! Lots of rich people I guess?

One thing you can't deny that in our current (PUUUUNNNNN!!!) electronic age, slow or fast, progress will be made. I'm still hoping for a Hydrogen infrastructure. We have a work van that is natural gas and a PITA to get between LA and Phoenix. Sweating range bullets sometimes. lol

Lol Cooter you are always the voice of reason.

This guy is annoying is all. Talking up electric, telling me to go to a Tesla showroom. I had to go to one last month to get my elderly aunt her money back. They talked her into giving a $1000 deposit on a Model 3 and where totally dishonest with her. I had to explain to her that she would not be able to drive to Toronto to visit her sister as easily as she does in her Honda Accord. She was totally clueless and those snakes sucked 1K out of her for a car that does not even exist yet!

I guess I am still seething from that....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234