Thread: HD grips on an XB12?

HD grips on an XB12?

Does anyone know if these grips will fit my bike. Inhave big hands and have these grips on my Street Glide and love them.

https://www.harley-davidson.com/stor...09-56100008--1

I believe Harley grips are for 1" bars. Arent Buells 7/8"?

yep you need 7/8 grips.

Buell Traction grips (if you can find them), or check out "Fat Grips". They make them for 7/8" bars and I freaking love them for my Hulk hands

They really help with fine throttle control mid-corner too. I thought the stock grips on the EBR were the size of a pencil and slick(!?) Just terrible.

Just my two cents worth, but after all these years of riding the BEST mod I've ever made to any bike is...... heated grips. I use them in any temps under 70F or so. In the rain they're awesome, never mind when it gets close to freezing. My brother and I did a four hour ride home from a camping trip in the rain/flurries a couple years ago, it never got above 5C (around 40F ) Our body's were good, lots of gear but it was brutal on his hands, I had to turn my grips off now and again, my hands got too hot. Around $100 Canadian at just about any shop.

Wayne

Inactive
    Just my two cents worth, but after all these years of riding the BEST mod I've ever made to any bike is...... heated grips.

could not agree more wayne. been touting them on here for years.
    all buells 7/8th inch applications....most all H-D's now are 1 inch application though some models do have tapered bars which neck down to 7/8th inch at the grip ends.
    BikeMaster heated grips both outstanding and very reasonably priced.....been around since 1981 so top quality....the thickness and feel of the grips IMO is wonderful....the electronic controller robust and accurate....wiring and connections rugged and straight-forward. both ebay and amazon has them.

if you want to go even thicker western powersports grips work well and same qualities as BikeMaster.
    NOTE: when shopping make damn sure the grips are for TWIST GRIP APPLICATIONS and NOT ATV/SNOWMOBILE APPLICATIONS.

Thanks for the replies. Al least now I have a direction, living in Florida, I might need to look for cooling grios